1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo answers - suspension

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by bladysh, Oct 31, 2012.

I have a problem with my account getting suspended and I have done a little research to the basic reasons for suspension. But i want to get a little specific. I dont want to get suspended because they delete your answers and waste my time.

1. Do I need to gain a certain level or points to be able to reference my site?
    2. Could it be that my suspension was because my site reference was to my homepage, which was not specific enough and i should use individual pages for specific questions.

bladysh, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  2. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo answers community has been very strict with terms and conditions. If your answers was not helpful and your website also irrelevant to the question context, then it would be reported. And after report if you continue to do so your account will be suspended.

Anyway Yahoo answers is a great community to get targeted traffic to website. To use its power effectively you should only reference your website in 1 or 2 answers max.

seo_buzz, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  3. Philvault

Philvault Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can always cite your site as your source right from the start. What you do need to avoid is to reference your site in each and every reply you make.

Philvault, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  4. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd avoid referencing your site entirely.

danasurvey, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  5. bladysh

bladysh Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm only using yahoo answers to drive traffic to my site. So I assume I would have to reference it. I will try to only site it in every other every three posts.

bladysh, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  6. abhiquick

abhiquick Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can go for level 2 by posting good there..then you can add clicable links in source. Answer the only questions related to your website.

abhiquick, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  7. bladysh

bladysh Peon

Best Answers:
    What about is everytime I post my link I type it so it is not in link form. Ex: notinlinkform.com

bladysh, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  8. readezarchive

readezarchive Active Member

Best Answers:
    The key to Yahoo answers is making the most helpful posts that address the issues in the Question. You want to provide valuable information so you get chosen as the best answer. If you submit low-quality answers with spam links then you will get suspended and waste time.

readezarchive, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  9. nelum8

nelum8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can't just answer question only related to your website and with a link to your website in every answer. DOn't include a like to your site in every answer and don't just answer questions related to your niche. The key is to have variety so that you don't look like you are there to spam your website. You also need to write useful answers not just single sentence answers with a link to your site.

nelum8, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  10. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo doesnt want you referencing anything unless it is helpful. Maybe you can hire some people to spam yahoo for you...

It's not really yahoo, it's the community in the answers pages that will get you. One of my posts got reported as spam a few years ago and all I did was spend my points to ask about an error I was having with a software on my pc. Some jerk had my post removed as spam....... not cool, but it happens to all of us I guess.

Karen May Jones, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  11. bladysh

bladysh Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I have refined my plan to reference my site in the sources in a 3:1 ratio of ones that don't have a site source. Also to only reference actual articles tht fully relate to the topic and to never just site my homepage.

bladysh, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  12. kinnethharring

kinnethharring Peon

Best Answers:
    You will be only suspended if you answer and your link is not relevant, as well make a descent and helpful answer.

kinnethharring, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  13. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Keep doing it with all the sites you own, that way there's one less spammer in the world, I hope you keep getting suspended as your only purpose is to spam your site. People like you OP are a bad example for us web masters & you are giving us all a bad name.

thsadmin, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  14. chea

chea Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo isn't friendly to people who try to profit from answers. If all your answers in your activity feed has your website url someone is going to see that and report you.

chea, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  15. YoungAce

YoungAce Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can always reference your site, but to make it a clickable link, you need to be a level 2 user. It's pretty easy to do this -- just pick unpopular questions and offer a good answer. More times than not, the asker will give you the best answer.

Good luck!

YoungAce, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  16. ghyupdc

ghyupdc Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo answers community has been very strict with terms and conditions. If your answers was not helpful and your website also irrelevant to the question context, then it would be reported. And after report if you continue to do so your account will be suspended.

ghyupdc, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  17. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's worthless contact Yahoo when it's clear that such a suspension is the result of being spamming the services.

Yahoo Answers is commonly used to drive traffic to someone's site, but for Yahoo this is not the ultimate goal of the Answers service, hence if the link and information is not relevant to the question, there is no workaround.

Mystique, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  18. mbanj

mbanj Active Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is that many people abuse the use of Yahoo Answers. Just posting links on from the very day they start with YA. the secret to YA I use is to answer 4 question without a link then the fifty with a link to my site and also if some ask a question relating to one of my post I just direct the person to my post tell him/her that I came across a post that could be of help to him/her/ Hope this helps?

mbanj, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  19. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    Just make sure the site you are referencing is relevant to the question. You will really get suspended if you do it multiple times.

cool_78, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  20. JackDniell

JackDniell Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo answer (Member's) crazy I got suspend also today :D. I think it not effective again for getting backlink from there :(

JackDniell, Dec 13, 2012 IP