1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Answers Spammers

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Claymation, Aug 6, 2008.

1. cheekui

cheekui Peon

Best Answers:
    lol Claymation, thanks for sharing..

I like this comment :

That is so mean! Lol. I love Yahoo Answers, ok? :p

cheekui, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  2. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:
    isnt yahoo answers nofollow too, so the link is not valuable unless for traffic, but someone said traffic is not good either, so why do you take the time?

canam, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  3. cheekui

cheekui Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo doesn't care about No-follow, so, why should u?

cheekui, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  4. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:

if they don't care about nofollow, then why do they use it??? :confused:

canam, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  5. Michelle Michan

Michelle Michan Banned

Best Answers:
    Depends on the question and how you handle this. Leaving a link as it is would probably has not major response while a link providing the specific information the poster asked for sure is followed.

Nonsense links are the favorite food of Yahoo Spam-Busters who are willing to catch any of these to report them because that activity leads you to extra rewards building trustworthy.

Most spammers are not looking for people clicking on links, but back links through search engines towards pagerank.

Michelle Michan, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  6. cheekui

cheekui Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, don't assume what I say on this one is right: Maybe it's because that's the standard feature that they have. Like what Wordpress have for their blog comments.. Something like that?

cheekui, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  7. flacon

flacon Peon

Best Answers:
    i have seen many stupid answers only for promoting their websites.

because these cases are increasing, yahoo may be taking some steps to atlease reduce that.

flacon, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  8. seoorganizers

seoorganizers Peon

Best Answers:
    people are using yahoo answers and many other SN sites for driving a initial traffic for sites which are new. yahoo as tha capability to show the yahoo answers pages in top SERP, it is the theme people are spamming htem.

seoorganizers, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  9. Trusted Writer

Trusted Writer Banned

Best Answers:
    The step to reduce it is reporting people who abuse the system.

Their spam threads are immediately removed shortly after, although subject to review.

If someone report a member for no reason, then such report reverts on you.

Trusted Writer, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  10. DomainGamer

DomainGamer Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm interested in posting on Yahoo Answers, if anyone has any great tips PM me.

DomainGamer, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  11. shihtzu

shihtzu Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo! Answers are nofollow, no use for SEO and tbh it's boring to see the same people answering over and over again spamming own links.

shihtzu, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  12. digitalpassion

digitalpassion Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats true, nofollow links are not useful for SEO, but people use to advertise their site - I have seen many promoting their affiliate links (which i think is not supposed to be be posted).

Maybe this breather thing, is to keep voracious posters under check - there aren't believing anyone [:)]

digitalpassion, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  13. holidayhoteldirect

holidayhoteldirect Banned

Best Answers:
    Its happen in Yahoo answers as there is no security to prevant spam

holidayhoteldirect, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  14. tehmina11

tehmina11 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was also facing the same situation and then analyzed what caused this.

Following were my findings

--This happens when I post the same link again and again in a day( more than 15 answers)
    Just like Google sandbox the yahoo bot put the link which we are posting again and again in the sandbox and when ever we try again to post that link we get the message. Some time I got message for three days and was unable to post the link.

I managed to resolve the problem by posting the answer omitting the same url which is giving me that message or alternatively I did the following

Suppose your site address is http://www.abc.com , make a blog http://abc.blogspot.com and post the link alternatively this will help you in avoiding the message the coffee break message or other wise post the answer without the link there coffee break will finish.

Regards

Tehmina

tehmina11, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  15. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Only respond to questions that are related to your website. When you leave your link add it to your "Sources" box and only have "http://www.yourdomain" without anything else above it. Making your sources look like an ad could get you flagged for spamming.

gregdavidson, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  16. yinka

yinka Member

Best Answers:
    I've received this same message before. I've answered probably about 10 questions, but all answers were pertinent to the question and it was over a 3 month period of answering. However, the answers all pointed back to a particular URL, so I wonder if SPAM may be in question, but I was not trying to SPAM, I was just answering questions which allowed me to talk about my product.

yinka, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  17. Michelle Michan

Michelle Michan Banned

Best Answers:
    Spammers are reported and eventually banned, but the message that appears randomly, along with the 999 error page, are up to service downtime or any other technical issue.

I have very few answered questions, all kept in context and without promoting any link, even then I have seen those Yahoo messages coming up.

Michelle Michan, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  18. confusion

confusion Guest

Best Answers:
    I have been getting that message a lot lately. I'm nearly level 6, so I don't think it has much to do with level. It has been my experience that the message shows up on individual questions. So, it seems to me that the question gets flagged.

I submit an answer and get that message. If I go back and resubmit, I get the message again. If I go back to the question, click the answer button, reenter the answer and resubmit, I get that message. If I go to a new question, I don't get the message. Go back to the first question, still getting the message.

confusion, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  19. Michelle Michan

Michelle Michan Banned

Best Answers:
    I have reported spamming questions and they are removed immediately, as I have tried to answer questions that are not flagged but deleted because a message saying "question deleted" comes up.

After reporting spammers, these disappear, but que question not... who knows, maybe those questions are put into a sort of moderation queue :rolleyes:

Michelle Michan, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  20. avonlee1983

avonlee1983 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think I've only got that message like two or three times. I try to only answer a few questions at a time (with links in the resource box) and then visit again throughout the day.

avonlee1983, Aug 10, 2008 IP