1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Answers - Full of Evil Competitors?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by sultanofseo, Jan 17, 2010.

1. MarkAse

MarkAse Peon

Best Answers:
    Just link to a GO Article or EZA, that seems to help significantly. Also, don't place a link on each and every answer.

MarkAse, Jan 19, 2010 IP
  2. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for your thoughtful comment Jim. i actualy didn't just use my homepage link on all answers, i used individual blog post link as well as an article i posted on goarticles. i however used my homepage links few times. now it looks like using the homepage link is not a good idea and better to use inner page link where the related info is located.

from what i learn reading the above comments, here's my take and action plan:

• get an avatar designed for Y! Answers making the site URL prominent
    • link to inner pages/bog entries/goarticles, EZA etc.
    • leave the source off if i dont have a post or article that directly relates to the question

atleast its good to see that yahoo found my answers to be within community guideline and reposted them. so its not yahoo that i'm concerned of, its the rotten apples that report my answers that yahoo itself find to be compliant.

sultanofseo, Jan 19, 2010 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  3. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo answers has become one of the segment where lot of link building takes place... lately!

People have begun to offer such services in hoards and so it is bound to generate lot of heat in getting the best answer tag! This invariably leads to people reporting even the slightest of mistakes! :eek:

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jan 19, 2010 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  4. jeyluk

jeyluk Peon

Best Answers:
    I never bother Yahoo Answer. I am tired of the evil competitors. Thanks for the tips from the others.

jeyluk, Jan 19, 2010 IP
  5. plusplustutoring

plusplustutoring Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo Answers is either (1) "spamming" semi-helpful marketers, and (2) people who have nothing better to do.

plusplustutoring, Jan 19, 2010 IP
  6. tangyi

tangyi Peon

Best Answers:
    I consider yahoo answer as a place where you can do more links and promotion of your articles, it can bring more traffic to your articles and make them be seen by more people, of course your article must be closely related to the topic and helpful.

NO DIRECT LINKS TO YOU SITE

and

I hate those malicious bandits who report good answers to do evil.

tangyi, Jan 19, 2010 IP
  7. itzball

itzball Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I really hope someone just makes a Q&A website that can blow Yahoo Answers away but that will never happen.

itzball, Jan 19, 2010 IP
  8. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you never know! there could be google answers or bing answers

sultanofseo, Jan 21, 2010 IP
    Toon-c likes this.
  9. FreeCashTube

FreeCashTube Peon

Best Answers:
    Same issue here. I reached level 2 and Its funny because over 15% of my answers were selected as the best answer. 15% is good, which means I provided the correct answers and helped the community.

I only put a link on answers that were found on my site, and still I got suspended. I made an apeal and got the same message you did.

I did another appeal asking them to escalate this and explain to me why I was suspended since I stayed within their guidelines. I have not heard from them, but it appears that no matter how good your answers are, or how many people you help within that community, you will end up being banned for no reason.

ps. I just got suspended, but I am still getting emails that my answers were selected as the best answer...I should jump for joy or something, lol.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
    FreeCashTube, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  10. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    or (3) people trying to help other people. I consider myself and many others to be in that third category. :) I'm also happy to pick up some links along the way.

Jim4767, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  11. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    May be you found too many answers on your own site and did not provide information from other places as well. :(
    It always helps to be little moderate in linking to the same site... especially to the home page!

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  12. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So true. On Yahoo! Answers I always link to inner pages.

Jim4767, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  13. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    The forum mods there in Yahoo answers see any link to a private site as particularly suspicious especially if they havent come across it before, its just their way of flagging suspicious answers, rather than 'evil competitors' doing it against you. As said here, always link to your article page or info page rather than your home page or landing page.

Traffic-Bug, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  14. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yes .. tell me about it ! yes there are so many people that are "evil competitors" as you said, and had one of my accounts banned because of that ..

Rep++

Toon-c, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  15. clark31

clark31 Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes competitors will go through and report as spam any competing links. Especially if they created the topic under another ID with the intention of spamming it themselves under several other ID's/proxies/cloaked links. Although it doesn't sound like you were spamming if Yahoo reversed the block on your ID.

clark31, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  16. Lalamaple

Lalamaple Active Member

Best Answers:
    Haha it all depends on how "sexy" you answer your yahoo answers questions... For those of you who read my methods, you know what I'm talking about ;)

Lalamaple, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  17. Brt

Brt Peon

Best Answers:
    Care to elaborate??

Brt, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  18. asphalt

asphalt Member

Best Answers:
    IMO, The best way to play with yahoo answers is to contribute as best as you could using a brand new yahoo address without posting any link! Then when you got a couple of best answers, you may start to post link, but limit it to one link per answer and try your best to make it doesn't like your own site.

asphalt, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  19. downloadvyp

downloadvyp Peon

Best Answers:
    i could say yes,it is

downloadvyp, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  20. YugoSlavac

YugoSlavac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have never had luck with Yahoo! Answers. I was banned after the first couple answers that I decided to give. Yahoo! Answers is filled with competitors nowadays and you won't get too much success unless you're a Top Contributor.

Yugo,

YugoSlavac, Jan 23, 2010 IP