1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo answer no longer allowing live links

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by it career, Feb 7, 2008.

1. banker0679

banker0679 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i used to get 5-10 visits per day from them....then I looked into SEO..

You can get traffic from leaving comments on blogs all day long....but it's not going to build your search engine rankings when most of the blogs have 'nofollow' tags.

YahooAnswers is only good in some fields but not all. I have found easier ways to get traffic and to build backlinks for MSN, Yahoo, and Google.
    They primarily work for MSN/Yahoo.

banker0679, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Will.Spencer, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  3. wallarookiller

wallarookiller Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ive had yahoo answers give me traffic from answers I've answered months ago were talking hundreds of uniques per question. I'm in the health care niche and trust me it works. I have top places on G for many of my main search terms but still get lots of traffic from those questions I answered over a year ago.

wallarookiller, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  4. yragcom1

yragcom1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's about a LOT more than SEO. You'll get backlinks on YAhoo and MSN, but not on Google. But if you've got a niche, you can laser target your traffic to your site or offer. I LOVE Answers. I made over $10K with it, and it was the easiest money I've ever made on the web. I wrote a book about it, and what I did, if any of you want to check it out from someone who knows. To heck with backlinks, I'll take the Franklins (if you know what I mean!)

Yahoo Answers E-Book

yragcom1, Feb 15, 2008 IP
    usasportstraining likes this.
  5. banker0679

banker0679 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    10k is pretty good!

banker0679, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  6. dona44

dona44 Peon

Best Answers:
    im not use yahoo answer too because they arae using nofollow

dona44, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  7. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    people really are a bit thick sometimes. Why do you want dofollow links? To increase PR? Why do you want to increase PR? To do better in serps? Why do you want to do better in serps?To get more traffic?
    - so why not get a link somewhere that can give you a bit of direct targeted traffic?

magda, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  8. templatetuner

templatetuner Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats right Magda, its not the quantity of links but quality of links, its very simple: you want to rank high for a keyword? find a site/page that has high ranking for the keyword of choice and try to get a link off them.

thats it!!!

templatetuner, Feb 23, 2008 IP
    usasportstraining likes this.
  9. Forumhorizon

Forumhorizon Banned

Best Answers:
    In my opinion that was a waste of money for the company to shell out to disable links and it really offers them little or no benefits.

Forumhorizon, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  10. jackass2007

jackass2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah...that sucks, I'd notice it but never thought they would really do it :(

jackass2007, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  11. wd_2k6

wd_2k6 Peon

Best Answers:
    offtopic but this thread overtook other sites and ended up #2 on google for "digitalpoint forums" how random

wd_2k6, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  12. korr

korr Peon

Best Answers:
    Not totally random :) People on other websites are talking about it and linking in to it.

korr, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  13. jfarmer

jfarmer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not that I really want more competition on Answers, but Im converting at 1/17 from yahoo answers and with the 200+ questions I have answered, not all with links mind you, I get about 25-50 people a day from the links even ones from a year ago.

jfarmer, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  14. northwest

northwest Peon

Best Answers:
    I started Yahoo answers 2 days back. It is OK... I got some traffic but less that what I expected.

The Yahoo posts themselves rank pretty high on for certain competitive keywords and the Yahoo posts themselves pretty quickly by Google.

northwest, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  15. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Google seems to be getting really stupid as far as what pages they pick to show for a search. For example I have a cat site that has a pretty active cat forum on it. site.com/forum ... but when you search for cat forum - my main site comes up site.com but not site.com/forum - both the forum and the main site both have a PR 4... I just don't get why Google is doing stuff like this. It really seems to me they've got so caught up with all of their filters that their results are suffering.

More and more I'm noticing just horrible results for searches that are important to me.

Another example is I've noticed them putting lots of forum profiles as very high results for some of my biggest keywords. Forum profiles! Ah... Anyway I guess this is quite a bit off topic, but the big G is really frustrating me lately. They don't even seem to make any sense anymore.

Zibblu, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  16. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    It makes sense to me that Yahoo Answer traffic would convert well... It's just the matter of slipping in your links without getting busted I suppose. It's hard for me to rationalize spending a lot of time on something that I think will eventually get deleted though.

Zibblu, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  17. PaddyL

PaddyL Active Member

Best Answers:
    But surely if your links are from relevant, high quality answers, what would you be busted for?

PaddyL, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  18. jazzdrive3

jazzdrive3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not true. I spent about two weeks posting in Answers. About 30% of my answers were chosen as "Best Answer" out of 200 questions.

My reward?

Every single one of my answers deleted for not following community guidelines and a banned account.

But my answers were relevant, helpful, and informative and my lone links per answer were highly relevant as well.

All that work gone. I suspected someone had it out for me or something, because EVERY single thing I wrote was reported, even my Best Anwsers.

jazzdrive3, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  19. Loonm

Loonm Peon

Best Answers:
    what a pity i always had some links from them :/

Loonm, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  20. thunderbolt007

thunderbolt007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As of now Yahoo detects many spammers doing on Yahoo answers that's the reason they don't allow to post live link anymore...

That's a sad one... But Yahoo answers drives traffic. Even it is a nofollow one.

thunderbolt007, Mar 10, 2008 IP