1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo and RSS

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by johnt, Apr 15, 2005.

Just noticed a couple of pretty cool things on Yahoo, and as it's been a while since that happened I thought I'd spread the word.

First off, they're recognising RSS feeds which are embedded in pages. If you find a page in the SERPs which provides RSS, they give you the option to view the XML feed and to add it to your Yahoo account homepage. Neither Google nor MSN seem to be recognising this yet, so I'm quite impressed.

Secondly, they're providing an RSS feed of search results using their own API. If you do a search in Firefox, you get the little orange button in the status bar to add an RSS feed, and if you look in the source code they're adding RSS links like

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Yahoo! Search results for query term" href="http://api.search.yahoo.com/WebSearchService/rss/webSearch.xml?appid=yahoosearchwebrss&query=query+term">

MSN have had this going for a while, but never noticed it on Yahoo before. Not sure where they're going with it, or if their developers are just testing something out or not, but there it is.

Nice work Yahoo. :cool:

John

johnt, Apr 15, 2005 IP
  2. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    We wrote hacks for our sites using this service about 2 months ago. Very powerful for making pages change frequently. ;)

noppid, Apr 15, 2005 IP
  3. roadies

roadies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    nice, didn't realize you could directly subscribe to the sites' feeds from the SERPs. Not sure how much I'd utilize this, but seems convenient.

roadies, Apr 15, 2005 IP