1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo and Bing

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by AlStein, Jan 29, 2010.

Are Yahoo and Bing fully connected already? I was told that Yahoo search results are being provided by Bing since a few months ago. Is this correct? Thanks!

AlStein, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  2. MarkAse

MarkAse Peon

Best Answers:
    There is some debate about how interconnected they are already. Given the amount of data that needs to be shared, I would be surprised if it came all at once. They will probably, if they haven't already, load it slowly to make sure they don't crash their servers.

MarkAse, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  3. Liza New

Liza New Peon

Best Answers:
    you have wrong news.... nobody has its evidence. yahoo, google, Msn (bing) are totally different companies

Liza New, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  4. peppy

peppy Active Member

Best Answers:
    All of them are separate at the moment.

peppy, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  5. akashvedi

akashvedi Active Member

Best Answers:
    no they are not connected.

akashvedi, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  6. desperateboy

desperateboy Peon

Best Answers:
    They are separated. It is impossible that they share search information

desperateboy, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  7. Lukas Jackson

Lukas Jackson Peon

Best Answers:
    This is become an issue before but until now bing and yahoo are not yet connected.

Lukas Jackson, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  8. Jossey

Jossey Guest

Best Answers:
    yeah , I was going to say the same thing
    they are not connected with each other

Jossey, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  9. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    Since Microsoft bidded on Yahoo, there has been a close corelation between the two giants

TheVccMatey, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  10. anatomymodel

anatomymodel Peon

Best Answers:
    They are not connect.

anatomymodel, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  11. CEFashion

CEFashion Member

Best Answers:
    separate but modelled similarly

CEFashion, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  12. julietevents

julietevents Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya they are not connected with each other. Both are separated.

julietevents, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  13. Sysbase

Sysbase Member

Best Answers:
    They are separated but I think they work off the same SERP algo.

Sysbase, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  14. BarbaraKahn

BarbaraKahn Peon

Best Answers:
    This is very confusing and still very important topic also. coz still yahoo and bing working apart. So i think they are not still associated with each other.

Thank u

BarbaraKahn, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  15. sfraise

sfraise Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo isn't being powered by Bing yet, but I would guess by the end of the year it will be.
    From what I can find they are still hammering out some details but the end result is inevitable, Yahoo is locked into being powered by Bing for 10 years.

It's sad really, the internet wouldn't be what it is today without Yahoo, they pioneered what we know search to be today as well as pioneered the idea of online communities which led to myspace and facebook.

I don't think acquiring Yahoo is going to result in the market share gain Microsoft thinks it will, instead of gaining market share for Bing I think it will just lose market share for Yahoo and give Google an even larger advantage. Bing in my opinion is just not up to par. We'll just have to wait and see I guess but I would bet eventually there's going to be an anti-trust legal battle for Google to try and break their monopoly once Yahoo is gone and Bing fails miserably just like live and msn search did.

sfraise, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  16. ckweb

ckweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Microsoft isn't purchasing Yahoo, and Yahoo isn't going anywhere. The only deal that was struck is to have Bing control Yahoo's search. On the contrary, Bing is acquiring a 10 year license to Yahoo's search algorithms so expect Bing's search to get better when they can get under Yahoo's hood and checkout the setup.

Here are the core details of the "partnership" for all you wrongly-informed:

• The term of the agreement is 10 years;
    • Microsoft will acquire an exclusive 10 year license to Yahoo!'s core search technologies, and Microsoft will have the ability to integrate Yahoo! search technologies into its existing web search platforms;
    • Microsoft's Bing will be the exclusive algorithmic search and paid search platform for Yahoo! sites. Yahoo! will continue to use its technology and data in other areas of its business such as enhancing display advertising technology.
    • Yahoo! will become the exclusive worldwide relationship sales force for both companies' premium search advertisers. Self-serve advertising for both companies will be fulfilled by Microsoft's AdCenter platform, and prices for all search ads will continue to be set by AdCenter's automated auction process.
    • Each company will maintain its own separate display advertising business and sales force.
    • Yahoo! will innovate and "own" the user experience on Yahoo! properties, including the user experience for search, even though it will be powered by Microsoft technology.
    • Microsoft will compensate Yahoo! through a revenue sharing agreement on traffic generated on Yahoo!'s network of both owned and operated (O&O) and affiliate sites.
    • Microsoft will pay traffic acquisition costs (TAC) to Yahoo! at an initial rate of 88% of search revenue generated on Yahoo!'s O&O sites during the first 5 years of the agreement.
    • Yahoo! will continue to syndicate its existing search affiliate partnerships.
    • Microsoft will guarantee Yahoo!'s O&O revenue per search (RPS) in each country for the first 18 months following initial implementation in that country.
    • At full implementation (expected to occur within 24 months following regulatory approval), Yahoo! estimates, based on current levels of revenue and current operating expenses, that this agreement will provide a benefit to annual GAAP operating income of approximately $500 million and capital expenditure savings of approximately $200 million. Yahoo! also estimates that this agreement will provide a benefit to annual operating cash flow of approximately $275 million.
    • The agreement protects consumer privacy by limiting the data shared between the companies to the minimum necessary to operate and improve the combined search platform, and restricts the use of search data shared between the companies. The agreement maintains the industry-leading privacy practices that each company follows today.
    • The agreement does not cover products such as email, instant messaging, display advertising, or any other aspect of the companies' businesses. It's strictly search.

ckweb, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  17. seoplazza

seoplazza Peon

Best Answers:
    no they are not connected.

seoplazza, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  18. R0N

R0N Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They are not connected.
    for me : yahoo gimme more clicks than bing

R0N, Feb 6, 2010 IP