1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

yahoo ads shortage or just problem

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by dshah, Sep 12, 2005.

When I put more than one ad unit on a page, the ads (or at least two of them) are repeated. That very bad, because then effect having two ad units is cancelled :(

dshah, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  2. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    I would rather have dupes than a blank box like giigle

Henny, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  3. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    YPN doesn't support multiple ad units. You are allowed to put more than one ad unit on a page, but there will likely be duplication.

Jenstar, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  4. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    Two words...

That Sucks!

zman, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  5. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    I just called YPN support about this and they told me that you are only allowed to have one ad unit per page.

Reading the terms and conditions (section 4. Implementation) very carefully I guess it does say that:

That seems like a severe limitation, which I'm hoping will change soon.

tlainevool, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  6. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    You are dead wrong, that section deals with a limitation of 250 or so queries per second. I just called, (866) 785-2636. YPN Help line, unlimited number of ad units which will change once out of beta to 4 or 5. Call for yourself, they pick the phone up immediatly, no hold time.

Henny, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  7. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, strange. I did call about an hour ago and they told me I can only have one ad per page.

It seems like YPN needs to get their story straight on this one. No offense but for now I'll belive what I heard from YPN, not what you told me you heard :)

I also sent filled out an online request form for an "Enhancement Request" to allow multiple ads per page. I'll see how they respond to that.

The TnC to me pretty clearly spells out only one "query" per page. The 250 queries per second is just a sub clause. It says "a Query each time that a user navigates to an Ad Page", not "mutliple Queries each time that a user navigates to an Ad Page".

tlainevool, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  8. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wrote to YPN and got their confirmed reply on this topic

However, I have wrote them back saying its under utilization of ad space available on site pages and other ad programs (adsense) allows more than one ad units. Lets see what they have to say

dshah, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  9. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, interesting, I was told something different, but I asked my contacts, I didn't go through the regular support channels.

It is worth noting that AdSense didn't support multiple ad units until over a year after they launched - before September 2004 it was against the terms to show multiple ad units. How times have changed ;)

Jenstar, Sep 14, 2005 IP