1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Account terminated

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by majid, Jan 31, 2006.

Our Yahoo account is terminated because of international traffic.Our websites are based in USA and also our main traffic is from here.

This is very bad news for us as we worked very hard on our websites and without any warnings our account is terminated.All the traffic was real and no click fraud.

We are very upset.

Thanks.

majid, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  2. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sucks to be you.

Lpspider, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  3. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're account is terminated and that's you're only post?

So as soon as you got terminated your first thought was to sign up at Digital Point and complain about them? Makes sense...

yo-yo, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As if we didn't have enough with the "adsense banned me" threads... now we are starting to get these "yahoo banned me" threads...

Guess I need to search for another "not this shit again" image to use on these posts

fryman, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  5. mostwanted

mostwanted Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't believe this...
    My main reason is this...
    I had a site that at one point was making way over $100 a day on most days... I can tell you that ALOT of my visitors were international... I have recieved checks from Y! with no problems and there were only a few days that were adjusted.. but thats it... I'm still here and since that site I am now concentrated on one site at the moment.. Not using that other site (under construction) not sureif I am going to open it or not yet... Just trying to make a point...:p

Maybe I was lucky... not sure...

mostwanted, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  6. SkiRat44

SkiRat44 Peon

Best Answers:
    WTF don't you believe? You think people are coming on here and pretending to be banned from YPN? I had a site similar to yours that earned more revenue, with 70% US, and now I'm out of YPN.

You might be lucky, but luck doesn't last forever. I'd stop posting smilies and worry about how you're going to make money once YPN Bans you.

SkiRat44, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  7. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That YPN is banning honest webmasters who have 70% US Traffic. :rolleyes:

I think a lot of people are doing "unethical" practices in one way or another, and when banned from YPN for "Reasons including but not limited to International Traffic" they whine and complain.

If he's not cheating the system he should sit back and enjoy counting his money ;)

yo-yo, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  8. majid

majid Peon

Best Answers:
    Just posted here because i was very disappointed.

Thanks for your help.

majid, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  9. trivum

trivum Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I think it's a pretty important post. People need to know that it's happening to a lot of people. And if those who it happens to want to vent their frustration here, I think that's important too. If it continues to happen (people getting banned without warning, without knowing how much is too much, etc.), and enough people get angry, it could change the way people look at Yahoo. That's one purpose for these types of sites - to communicate what's been happening to you so that others will know and therefore they will have a larger picture of the world they operate in.

I understand that people get tired of these posts, but I'm sure that people get tired of being banned even more.

trivum, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  10. grantmd

grantmd Guest

Best Answers:
    I have to take offense at this. I was one of the first people on this forum talking about being banned for international traffic. That was the one and only thing I did "wrong". Since then, I've been very open on these forums about my circumstances (check my other posts) for two reasons:

1) I think what YPN did to me and others without warning is unfair when they let others slide with *any* percentage of international traffic. Their TOS state you are in violation if you show a single ad to a single international visitor. If they're going to kick me out for showing 100,000 ads, or 10,000 ads, or 1,000 ads or whatever, when everything else I did was right -- then they need to kick everyone else who ever showed a single ad to any international visitor. That's what the rules say.

2) Make sure other YPN publishers are aware of what's happening, so that they can prepare for if they get kicked out without warning (and it's starting to happen again).

I can appreciate that some of these posters come once to say they were banned for international traffic and never return. Some of them may be lying. Some of them may have been kicked for other reasons. But not me, and not some of the others here.

grantmd, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  11. albemarle24

albemarle24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok dumb question.....

How in the world can any webmaster on the planet control who visits a site?

And why would they?

I see yahoo's side, in terms of devious tactics, but I can't see the relevance of some amount international traffic.

I have other axes to grind with yahoo, but that's another story alltogether.......:rolleyes:

albemarle24, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  12. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:

To filter your traffic and determine what ads should be shown, you can use geo targeting scripts such as:

Geo-Ads PHP
    Maxmind Database (ASP)

melfan, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  13. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:
    In a strange way I agree with this... Not to see everyone kicked out of the program but to make the playing field Even.
    I never thought that I would get kicked out for international traffic either because my US traffic was around 70%, as well.

Now the question that prolly has to be asked is who WAS CLICKING?
    You could have 90% us traffic but if all of that 10% percent of the traffic was clicking chances are you will still get kicked out.

Nice part about my NON US visitors seems to be better targeted traffic(maybe better directory links or whatnot) and more likely to pay attention to the site when they got here. So at least for my site they seem to buy or click.

As far as Geo scripts are concerned. I was talking with another webmaster who also was removed from the program for international clicks who had these scripts in place. Most Of the IP databases are not complete and can still let a considerable amount of non US traffic through. So don't trust these either.

toomuch72, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  14. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:

Help? What do you want us to do? Hit the unban button? :confused:

fryman, Jan 31, 2006 IP
    anthonycea likes this.
  15. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:
    You know I would be the first to jump down people throats for purposely Violating TOS agreements. In fact If you look up my posts you will prolly see alot of me doing that over on the Adsense section.
    But.....
    International traffic is not a ON PURPOSE Violation. Nobody can truely gauge and control internet traffic.
    Still.... On that same note it is a violation of the TOS(to send any non US traffic) but the TOS only states there will be adjusted earnings and not outright bannings.

Then we deal with this statement--so 51% US makes US the primary traffic. So Am I seeing a problem when webmasters with 70% are getting removed?

So don't go jumping down peoples throats right away. I feel there is an issue beyond that of BAD WEBMASTERS trying to get one over on YPN.

toomuch72, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  16. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    It would be an important post if people didn't always hide the site that was banned. When someone posts yet another, "I've been banned" thread, claims that they didn't do anything wrong and will not reveal their websites, it's pretty pointless.

ViciousSummer, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:

Yeah Fryman, that's what he wants you to do man! :p :D

anthonycea, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  18. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Dammit... I am on my laptop right now... you'll have to wait for me to get back to my control center so I can fix things up :D

fryman, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  19. grantmd

grantmd Guest

Best Answers:
    Mine is BlogSkins.com. It's in my sig. I'm not sure what that tells you about my situation, but there you go.

grantmd, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  20. SamOwen

SamOwen Peon

Best Answers:
    How much international traffic do you have to get to get banned?

Will YPN ban you just before payment?

SamOwen, Jan 31, 2006 IP