1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

XML Sitemap error

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Bryan Kelso, May 26, 2015.

I am writing a blog on legitimate work from home jobs. I am trying to get the sitemap working but according to webmaster tools ( Google ) , I keep getting a General HTTP error: 404 not found. I am not sure how to fix this. I am pretty sure an error message will affect my page ranking. I am new to this internet stuff so in simple terms how can I fix this?

Bryan Kelso, May 26, 2015 IP
  2. Kushal Shah

Kushal Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Could you please share the website URL here? Need to check the sitemap URL actually exists or not.

Kushal Shah, May 27, 2015 IP
  3. Alex.p

Alex.p Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am also getting XML sitemap errs. I am very much confused how to fix the problem. My SEO & developers team couldn't able to fix it yet. Anyone here, please help me & Bryan Kelso!

Alex.p, May 27, 2015 IP
  4. braulio

braulio Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please reference this article on how to correct sitemap and crawl errors, " How To Correct Google Crawl Errors To Drive Excellent Search Engine Optimization ".

Also, please advise the following to the group or private message me. But please also review the article above with your seo and developer team.

1 ) screen shot of your error or warning.
    2 ) robots.txt file.
    3) url of your page you will get indexed once crawl or sitemap error is fixed.

braulio, May 27, 2015 IP
  5. Thetony

Thetony Member

Best Answers:
    Try using this free service to build a sitemap (up to 500 pages) https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
    Then compare it with what you have right now to see which pages are giving you problem.

Google does not like pages that return 404 in the Sitemap so you should not include those pages in the XML sitemap file.

Thetony, May 29, 2015 IP