1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

XBox One and PS4 Too Much Money?

Discussion in 'Games' started by rlshosting, Jul 2, 2013.

Do you think it's too much money to considering that the economy is bad? $400 for PS4 and $500 for XBox One.

rlshosting, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  2. frostygaming

frostygaming Peon

Best Answers:
    Not really, considering that the 360 and PS3 were about the same price. The Xbox One is cheaper then what the ps3 was and the ps4 is cheaper than what the 360 was I think. Plus it costs Microsoft over 1000 dollars to make every Xbox One console, so they are losing money. On top of that we get more than a console and a controller unlike the ps4. So I think its reasonably priced

frostygaming, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  3. rlshosting

rlshosting Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome. I really want to get a xbox one since I have a 360. I really want to get Diablo 3 on the 360.

rlshosting, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  4. EatTheTree123

EatTheTree123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    PS4 is better. Not a fanboy its just the truth. Xbox have mucked up.

EatTheTree123, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  5. frostygaming

frostygaming Peon

Best Answers:
    Xbox was better until they had to reverse all the things that made it unique. Now we are doing the same as the PS4, we are unpackaging another 360. But then again, I can't say that because of what they have done with online and Kinect which made it a whole lot better. Have fun playing a PS3 mark 2

frostygaming, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  6. amitydev xshadow

amitydev xshadow Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. No company is going to purposely lose out of $600 on every sale of their product.

amitydev xshadow, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  7. frostygaming

frostygaming Peon

Best Answers:
    Microsoft is one of the most rich companies in the world. Xbox is only less than 25% of their profits that they make. They can lose the Xbox and it won't hurt them. They still have windows to bring in billions of dollars.

frostygaming, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  8. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Even a company as big as microsoft wouldn't be so stupid as to lose that much money.

GMF, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  9. ChR0n1k

ChR0n1k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes please link us to this as it is 100% not true. I am pretty sure BOTH sony and microsoft use mainly recycled chinese shit parts in these systems and they cost pennies to manufacture. The markup for the consumer is shipping, advertising, and development fees. Remember red lights of death? this high failure rate was partly due to recycled flash chips on the main boards of xboxs... not to mention other major design flaws on BOTH consoles - thats why there is "slim" versions haha

Personally PS2 vs Xbox i was an xbox fan, I own most of my titles on 360 and only a few ps3 exclusives (heavy rain, last of us, little big planet, MGS4) however now my PS2 collection far exceeds my OG xbox titles.

I do find the ps3 graphics to look a tiny bit sharper when comparing Black ops 2 on both systems on my same TV. Not better graphics, just sharper - some may prefer the more rounded edges especially during high motion scenes of 360.

I prefer xbox controllers for pretty much all games - playstation has never changed their freakin design. The mushroom tops and the R2 and L2 buttons on the PS3 controllers really suck for me when playing FPS or other action games. I get sore fingers very quickly and my thumbs slip off sometimes.

I still preordered ps4 rather than xbox solely based on the game sharing crap that kind of is dead now anyways.

I have no problem paying for an online service when it is fast and secure. Remember PS3 getting hacked? All the game servers also suck because the devs run them rather than sony.

I will still end up getting both systems for exclusives, just not getting xbox on release day.

ChR0n1k, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  10. KathrynJo

KathrynJo Active Member

Best Answers:
    People can have this conversation all of the time but when gaming systems become a payment on a car there is something wrong. The world is making everyone want a new gaming system but don't take into consideration that most people will not be able to afford them when they come out.

It all depends on your preferance and which system you like best. I prefer the PS3 over the Xbox because you can play more multi-player games without being online all the time and you can play the PS1 and PS2 games on them.

KathrynJo, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  11. frostygaming

frostygaming Peon

Best Answers:
    technically they are losing money, but not enough to do harm to them.

frostygaming, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  12. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have any source to back it up?

GMF, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  13. Jassonx

Jassonx Peon

Best Answers:
    I think 400 dollars is very good price,jesus stop complain,making such thread to brag about price which is 400 dollars is insane,do you realise that after you paid 400 bucks you wont need to upgrade any parts for next 6-8 years until new console?Unline PC computer,money sucking every half year if you want to keep up with games.I think its very decent one time price.500 fox xbox is maybe to costly,but 400 for PS4 sounds about right.Cheers!:)

Jassonx, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  14. NewJoe

NewJoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Once paid, u play on it 8+ years, why would that be not enough ? While PC required an update once per year -_-

NewJoe, Sep 5, 2014 IP