1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

XAMPP error - Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect] - PHPMyAdmin not work

Discussion in 'PHP' started by poseidon, May 10, 2007.

I have installed XAMPP 1.6.1 but when I am trying to run it's first CD example I am getting this error

XAMPP error - Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect] 
    Code (markup):
    Which ofcourse means that it is not able to connect to DB but mysql is running and I have not done anything with it. It should be having default root login and no password. Also phpmyadmin is giving "Access Denied" error -
     MySQL said: Documentation
    Cannot connect: invalid settings. 
    Code (markup):
    with suggestion as -
    phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.
    Code (markup):
    I searched on google and got this but couldn't understand what the guy did. Does anyone has any idea what to do ?

poseidon, May 10, 2007 IP
  2. koolasia

koolasia Banned

Best Answers:
    change the root password from http://localhost/xampp and then go to config.inc.php n set it to the new password

koolasia, May 10, 2007 IP
  3. Chris.

Chris. Guest

Best Answers:
    I would suggest using WAMP, instead of Xampp. I think WAMP is much easier to use.

wampserver.com/en/

Chris., May 10, 2007 IP
  4. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    thanks for suggestion guys, I solved the problem by reinstalling xampp as it looked the easiest of solution.

poseidon, May 11, 2007 IP
  5. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i use uniserver, but either is good. If it happens again check your confing.inc.php

mikey1090, May 12, 2007 IP