1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

XAMPP Database Not Opening

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by jaguar34, Mar 1, 2015.

While trying to Open PHPMyAdmin in XAMPP installed locally on my PC I gets this error message -

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\phpMyAdmin\libraries\common.inc.php on line 856

How do I solve this problem with PHPMyAdmin on XAMPP installed Locally?

jaguar34, Mar 1, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That means the script times out - either because there's something wrong in the config (which is most probably the reason), or because you have such huge amounts of data that the script croaks - not too likely. I would check and double check the config-file, make sure everything is set up correctly, or even maybe try to reinstall Xampp (Personally I prefer WAMP, since XAMPP sometimes can be a bit of a bitch to get running correctly)

PoPSiCLe, Mar 1, 2015 IP
  3. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check your php.ini file. Set your max_execution_time higher. phpMyAdmin should not take anywhere near 30 seconds to load, unless you have xDebug enabled which, depending on your configuration, can slow PHP execution to a crawl.

billzo, Mar 1, 2015 IP
  4. [ET]Alexander

[ET]Alexander Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed, just edit your php.ini file to reflect a higher execution time and restart apache. Also, I might as well ask, you aren't using XAMPP for a production environment are you?

[ET]Alexander, Mar 3, 2015 IP