1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"x y z" ranking better than just x y z

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by chelsea, Nov 26, 2005.

:confused: I realized to have some visitors that used keywords with "" like "cheap word1 word2".
    Amazingly I seem to rank pretty high for those, but if I use the same keyword phrase cheap word1 world2 without " " I find myself not under the first 100.

Can anybody explain why?

chelsea, Nov 26, 2005 IP
  2. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    Without "" the search returns many more results as it checks each word so many more sites can be ahead of you.

With "" the search is pretty specific and sites targeting just one of the words in the phrase won't show up.

Roman, Nov 26, 2005 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Here's a real-world example... If you search for I seem to rank pretty high, you get 7.3M results (any page that contains all those words). If you want to be very specific (with quotes) so it has to be that exact phrase, it knocks the number of possibilities to less than 10. Far less competition for the exact phrase than any page that contains those words separately.

[search=google]I seem to rank pretty high[/search]

[search=google]"I seem to rank pretty high"[/search]

digitalpoint, Nov 26, 2005 IP
  4. Windows-Update-Advisor

Windows-Update-Advisor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How do we target for "kw1 kw2 kw3" keywords in SE? do we put the "" in title?

Windows-Update-Advisor, Dec 3, 2005 IP