1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wysiwyg for phpbb or Fireboard

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by johnegood, Aug 13, 2009.

I have a forum which I've run for years. And another one that I started last year. It's for non-technical people and I've often heard that they find it hard to use.

After some analysis, I think they're referring to the fact that when you hit the link (or other buttons), you are given some code that the user is expected to type properly into the message. It's not WYSIWYG which is an old expression for having a UI in which no code is ever visible to the user, they just see exactly what the final post will look.

To be clear, never a bracket or url or b or href or url, just finished-looking text.

Anybody have any experience with plugins for either Fireboard on Joomla or phpbb on Linux to get to that?

johnegood, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  2. johnegood

johnegood Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is it OK to mention the name of the forums? If so,

the php one is the Parents Forum and the joomla/fireboard one is on SpellingCity.com.

As an aside, this forum is halfway to where I'd like to be. When I clicked on the link button, there was a nice little box to type the link into :) but then, rather than show me a finished wysiwig post, I see the code. :mad:

johnegood, Aug 13, 2009 IP