1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WYSIWYG Css editor ?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by macrojen, Nov 27, 2005.

1. nexenator

nexenator Peon

Best Answers:
    blueparukia: thanks for the pm on the registration issue that you say has been solved...

In 99.9% of times I would totally agree with you - and I always recommend my clients in doing so.

The iStylr is my personal project though and I don't make a dime on it right now. That's why I can't put 100% of my time into it. Yet when printed out it currently adds up to around 800 pages of code and as I use CSS2.0 code on form-elements that currently work in FF only there is no chance to make it work in IE. (Opera / Safari can not handle it either - didn't test Flock untill now). These parts need to be completely rewritten into CSS1.0 with JS in order to work x-browser. So it is just not a 5 minute thing but days or even weeks.

Additionally iStylr is Beta (real beta) - so there are parts of the software that need to be improved - and I ask you guys to point me to some things I haven't noticed. I'm always willing to improve things and honor those that help.

I took note of the high demand of x-browser now and I assure you that I'll be working on that. It still might take some time though - probably until http://iStylr.com is out of beta.

Just to point one thing out: It is already worth using the http://iStylr.com (at least in FF ;) ).

l8er,
    Stephan

nexenator, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  2. gopu74

gopu74 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey you may want to try out CssWing

It's very easy to use and you can change your site's look in just minutes.
    Just google for CssWing - Online CSS Editor, you will get the site

gopu74, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  3. nexenator

nexenator Peon

Best Answers:
    It took a little longer than expected but http://iStylr.com now works with Safari and Google Chrome as well...

Cheers,
    Stephan

nexenator, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  4. crizcraig

crizcraig Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all,

Just completed a new editor called cqstyle to speed up repetitive CSS edits. It does multiple browsers too and has greatly increased my own productivity at work. It's nice cuz you see the changes real time and can slide numbers and colors across several values very quickly. Check it out and leave some feedback at cqstyle.com.

Thanks!

Craig Quiter

crizcraig, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  5. RickKirkham

RickKirkham Peon

Best Answers:
    If you use it to create the css then look at the code it's a good education tool

Rick

RickKirkham, May 10, 2010 IP
  6. crizcraig

crizcraig Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Rick,

You're right. You can draw immediate correlations between code and visual effect which would be very useful for anyone learning CSS.

Craig

crizcraig, May 10, 2010 IP
  7. inkanet

inkanet Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Skybound Stylizer. It is a WYSIWYG css editor with integrated browser. Modification on css code are reflected in real time. I belive that it is ment for less experienced users who ocasionaly need to modify css files of CMS templates.

inkanet, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  8. zzbomb

zzbomb Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow this is an old thread to be revived.

If your good at coding you shouldnt use a css editor. Most of them add unnecessary bulk.

zzbomb, Nov 6, 2010 IP