1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

www.weedguru.com

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by weedguru, Jan 15, 2013.

I own and run (rather poorly over the last few years if the truth be known, as it must!) a website called www.weedguru.com. It comprises->
    an awkward, barely connected front end of two separate themes; near the turn of the century (http://www.weedguru.com/bong.php) and the other (http://www.weedguru.com) created more recently but near to equally horridly outdated!
    the forums (www.weedguru.com/forum/index.php) with Total posts 388296 • Total topics 24158 • Total members 15949.
    php list installed which I use to sporadically send out newsletters to all registered members
    recent stats for the site are-
    December 2012
    Unique Visitors: 54431
    Number of Visits: 73291
    Pages: 297073
    Hits: 1755396
    Bandwidth- 8.32GB
    (* Not viewed traffic includes traffic generated by robots, worms, or replies with special HTTP status codes...Pages-194416, Hits-256431, Bandwidth-1.60 GB)

I am presently courting an advertiser or three, unsure how much to charge for advertising, well aware of the peculiar niche my site content sits within, and the narrowing of potential revenue streams that leads to.

I DO have plans to update the front end, improve the forums, also pour whatever energy is advised vis-a-vis SEO tactics.

ALL help, input, advice is greatly appreciated.

weedguru, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  2. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Domain has PR3 and semrush price shows some amount of traffic which means the domain worth some price.
    Cannot appraise due to the lack of knowledge in that niche.
    Honestly, I hate the home page and the free forum software: phpBB. Therefore you definitely need a revamp.

dumindushalika, Jan 17, 2013 IP
  3. weedguru

weedguru Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cheers, Mr D, for taking a peek as I hope some others will, for I know it has some value, just no idea of what that value presently is, or what it potentially could be. I have never really pondered the forum software, just stuck with phpbb for many years. I will research other options, but worry now about the possibility of transferring the huge amount of posts and threads ot a new forum structure, or is this relatively easy as long as whichever forum structure I use is compatible with mysql??

The home page, agreed, is in dire need of improvement. I may even save a few gold nuggets up and pay someone for a design, as I can't see myself doing it. Unless I use one of the free templates...It would also be useful to connect more fluidly the old site and new site, since some of the pages of the old site get large amounts of traffic.

any more feedback will be welcome,
    cheers,
    D

weedguru, Jan 17, 2013 IP