1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

www.GrandTheftAutoFour.com

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by Pred4tor, Mar 30, 2007.

[​IMG]

Hey everyone, I just recently acquired the domain, www.GrandTheftAutoFour.com. Now... such a long domain right? WRONG! Even though this domain may seem wrong, it is still the name of the game coming out in October of 2007. This game is expected to become the top selling video game of all time, especially of 2007. Right now, on this very day, Rockstar Games has released its IN GAME trailer and, well, look for yourself. Nothing less than astonishing:

http://rockstargames.com/IV/trailer_splash.html

The game is currently being developed by over 120 different companies all working together to produce something worthy of a completely new number in the series, as GTA: San Andreas, an amazing game, did not snatch the "4th" title. Apparently, Rockstar wanted to save the big number 4 for something big, and folks, this is it.

As Grand Theft Auto Four is going to be big, especially since its just the next installment of the most popular gaming franchise on the Sony Playstations and Xbox (with Halo by its side :p), it will be a very popular search engine tag. So, right now, I am working towards getting it on the top 10, and since its the real name, I have a VERY good chance of getting it up there. Buying this domain guarantees all the hits from a GTA4 search!

I soon will be putting this domain up for sale, which currently has a WordPress blog put up. Any opinions on what offers I could be getting?

Note: This domain has absolutely no TM issues. I have done searches, talked to professionals, and they all say that this domain name is totally legal. Besides, GrandTheftAutoThree.com has been up forever making money, and they haven't gotten into any trouble. :)

- Thanks for your time,
    Pred4tor a.k.a. Nate.

Pred4tor, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  2. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally i would have gone with gta4.com and nothing else, cause i do not like typing such a big domain name. But sadly that is already taken up by game maker.

So good luck mate.

Cheers

paidhosting, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  3. Pred4tor

Pred4tor Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, they also took up grandtheftautoiv.com. But hey, when you think of the name you don't think of a IV, you think of a four!

4. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not like too big names, maybe i should register gta5, gta6 in case they come up with those versions of the game.

paidhosting, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  5. Pred4tor

Pred4tor Guest

Best Answers:
    Oi! Both are taken and gta5.com is huge. Besides, it would take years for another number title to arrive.

6. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As an undeveloped name, there's not that much value to it as it's long. Another thing that you might want to look into, Is "Grand Theft Auto" TMed?

htmlindex, Mar 31, 2007 IP
  7. Pred4tor

Pred4tor Guest

Best Answers:
    Grand Theft Auto Four is not, and www.grandtheftautothree.com has been up for a long long time and is making revenue too, Rockstar never did anything about it. Also, Rockstar has been known to support the community, so there is little issue here as long as you don't make it an "Official" website of the game.

Mainly here, I am selling a domain. Someone else could just set it up. Whats valuable here is its name, not whats on it!

Pred4tor, Mar 31, 2007 IP
  8. 87654321

87654321 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Setup a forum or something and start building links, making partners, bringing traffic, and creating hype about your GTA4 site and try to maintain the site with the latest info about the game... sounds like a pretty good domain with a good chance for some SEO since the domain contains so many keywords.

87654321, Mar 31, 2007 IP
  9. Pred4tor

Pred4tor Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I will be doing that soon, just need to sort up the server and I may begin working on it. Thanks for the advice!

Pred4tor, Mar 31, 2007 IP
  10. guest2021

guest2021 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its a good domain name, I would just be a bit concerned that people will be searching for 'gta 4' or 'grand theft auto 4'

Check out some keyword tools, Overture results for Feb 07=
    'Grand Theft Auto Four' 107
    'Grand Theft Auto 4' 8971

I imagine that trend will continue upto the game release, but make sure you get the number 4 in your page titles and in the sites content enough and it could do well.

I thought you was going to develop a site and a forum? You're trying to sell already?!

guest2021, Apr 1, 2007 IP
  11. Pred4tor

Pred4tor Guest

Best Answers:
    It's just an appraisal since thanks to your registration restrictions I can't do anything with the domain! Plus you haven't given me FTP stuff yet =\

Pred4tor, Apr 1, 2007 IP
  12. kingcaw

kingcaw Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd probably say mid-high XX - mainly because 'four' is expressed as a word, not a number - very few people will search for "grand theft auto four" as its not the common usage for this game; as mentioned, its generally referred to at gta4 or gtaiv... 'grand theft auto 4' is a bit of a stretch, so 'grand theft auto four' is even more of one.

Also, I know people hate hearing about TM issues, but even if Rockstar have been lenient on pursuing domains related to their games in the past, its worth noting they have just undergone an enormous shakeup in management and structure, so that could be changing.... probably not, but worth bearing mind nonetheless as it never pays to be flippant about potential TM issues as a reseller.

kingcaw, Apr 1, 2007 IP
  13. Pred4tor

Pred4tor Guest

Best Answers:
    True, but in terms of professionalism, grandtheftauto4.com isn't too attractive :p

Well, I guess it comes down to how I develop the domain.

Pred4tor, Apr 1, 2007 IP
  14. guest2021

Best Answers:
    Pred4tor we have run through this a number of times already, you own the account for the domain. The fact that you can't transfer the domain name is down to the fact that transfers aren't allowed within a short time after new registrations, this is something ALL registrars do. I am keeping the site on my server out of my kindness, so I don't really appreciate snide comments like this!! It makes me think why am I bothering to keep the site hosted for you for this time,

Thanks, Greg

guest2021, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  15. Pred4tor

Pred4tor Guest

Best Answers:
    Well you never stated the registrar thing, and it's like buying something and having to wait a month to get it... besides, I don't see why you are taking this so seriously, like what I do with the domain and stuff =\ Relax man!

Pred4tor, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  16. guest2021

Best Answers:
    If I had to state every rule of a registrar when I sold a site/domain the posts would be very long!! If you had said you was looking to transfer the domain when you purchased I would have made you aware then, but you didnt

guest2021, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  17. Pred4tor

Pred4tor Guest

Best Answers:
    What else does buying a domain mean?

Pred4tor, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  18. sukantab

sukantab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seeing so many people buying gta domains, I bought gta4.in.
    Pred4tor, Even if GrandTheftAutoFour.com is a long name you can easily develop it to get a good value out of it.

sukantab, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  19. Pred4tor

Pred4tor Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah I will be doing my best to develop it.

What do you guys think, would it be best to sell it before/near the release of the game, or after the game is released?

Pred4tor, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  20. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on development mate, develop it and than ask for its value, plain domain names i think have not much values attached to them. Its like body without soul.

cheers

paidhosting, Apr 4, 2007 IP