1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.
  3. Better Analytics for WordPress Get It Free

WTS: Human Edited Search Engine

Discussion in 'Sites' started by werewe12, May 6, 2008.

Up for sale is a search engine which gets its results solely from Web Directories. The search engine itself is powered by phpLD.

This is a 3/4th finished project. It's my idea of a truly human edited search engine. You can select which directories you want to sync with. The directory owner has to upload a file to his directory which will connect with a file on your server. Every midnight the sync takes place and all new submissions are copied over to the search engines database.

David and his crew over at phplinkdirectory.com helped with the development of this project. We started the initial development of the project and all the basics are complete. All that needs to be done is testing and some tweaking.

I am selling this because I do not have the budget to seriously pursue this project. There are only a few "human edited" search engines out there and the concept is fairly new. There is a big and growing interest in the concept. Web directories are a big factor of how search results appear in major search engines. Lately there has been major issues with spammy web directories letting in any site as long as the submission is paid for. This skews the search engines and results in faulty results. This search engine has the ability to select which web directories it wants to work with to provide the best possible results.

In turn the search engine provides a link back to the directory which fetched the result; so when a searcher performs a search and finds what he/she likes they can track it back to the original web directory.

Check it out and test it at http://www.indexsphere.org.

I am taking offers via PM or the thread. You can PM me with any questions or comments or simply ask in this thread. Thanks.

werewe12, May 6, 2008 IP