1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WTH: someone who can urgently optimize my database with millions of records!

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by avis03, May 10, 2012.

Hi, I need an expert at mysql databases who can optimize my database. It currently has about 50 tables and millions of records. The site recently started to get a lot of visitors and now it is making my server load go crazy! Pretty much what seems to be happening is that the size of the temp/cache files being created by mysql is growing VERY FAST, especially the rate at which is it is filling up the mysql tmpdir. I had setup 12GB worth of space for /tmp mysql and it literally fills it all up within 3-4 minutes of the site being on(currently I have the site terminated to keep the server on). It used to be fine for the past couple of days even though traffic was high but somehow it is bugging out now and causing this problem. So, I need someone URGENTLY who is an expert at this to go in and optimize the database. I can work with you to setup root mysql settings as well if you know how to do that.

Please PM me!!

avis03, May 10, 2012 IP
  2. codersyard

codersyard Peon

Well I can suggest an quick solution to create indexes for right columns of your tables. You may have to look for optimizing your queries, i.e. if you have queries that get information from two or more tables they need to use SQL join instead of brute fetch.
    codersyard, May 25, 2012 IP