1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

wtf is E-Gold doing?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by adsblog, Nov 28, 2006.

Hi Guys !
    This is just an Quote :

Hi Digitalpointers,
    2 days ago we (Most iranian people) have been notified that our e-gold accounts does not work any more! when we try to login, it says wrong username or password.
    When other people try to send money to our accounts, it says the account does not exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We tried to contact e-gold by email and telephone, but no answer since it was saturday and sunday.
    Today we contacted them and all of us, I say again all of us got the same response from them as following:

Ok, maybe me, my friend, my friend's friend made any mistake and account has been suspended, but not all of iranian users!
    when we ask is there any political issues? they say "we don't know, we can't say anything about it."
    if we ask more, they hang up the phone!

Since e-gold was the only famous online payment system available to iranians, most iranians had account there and also, since it's the way to invest in forex, most of accounts had more than 1,000$ in them!
    Now, all iranian accounts have been frozen without any notification and all the money is blocked and e-gold do not provide any answer!

If you check e-golds terms of service, you can NOT find any line says "Iranians are not allowed to apply" or such things, e-gold says regularly "all international customers are welcomed."

They're really robbing our moneys!

Anyone has any idea what can we do in this situation?

adsblog, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  2. FreedomGuardians

FreedomGuardians Guest

Best Answers:
    Dont know
    I Had no problem with them for over a year

FreedomGuardians, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  3. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how does e-gold work anyway? I can't understand what exactly the gold and silver and other metals do

iul, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  4. bccruzer

bccruzer Peon

Best Answers:
    probably political rensions, US gov't is cracking down on iran cause of so called "nuclear ambitions". But lets not start a political debate

bccruzer, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  5. adsblog

adsblog Active Member

Best Answers:
    when you want to sign up anywhere, you check their country or their terms of service?
    E-Gold always says "international customers are welcomed!"

If it's embargo on Iran, why did they accept money from Iran?
    They shouldn't rob iranian people money!
    I thought US says embargos are on Iran's government, we love Iranian people. seems these are just fake propaganda!

adsblog, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  6. Bondat

Bondat Peon

Best Answers:
    I suspect there were political issue here. Lets just hope and pray that this will be sorted out soon. It's really surprising to know that online business are being highly influenced by US law. I also heard from a friend that when they try to register to Godaddy their not allowed to register a domain because US law prohibits them because they're from a certain country. Lot of weird law are being imposed lately in online world. Hopefully all be sorted out soon.

Bondat, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  7. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    egold is complicated and I think the most easy and professional is Paypal...

inworx, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  8. Amoy

Amoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    that whole thing is political to just take people money come on egold

Amoy, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  9. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did you used e-gold for those grate HYIPS programs as 12dailypro or alien,etc?!

redhits, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  10. Amoy

Amoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    i never did 12daily sure people earn alot of e-gold with it till it went down by stormpay

Amoy, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  11. lovelylovely

lovelylovely Guest

Best Answers:
    This sucks really :) u never know how hardearned that money be to some:(

lovelylovely, Dec 1, 2006 IP