1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WTF? Feb EPN Winning Bid Revenue = $209.23 and 1 ACRU, yet earnings are a dime?

Discussion in 'eBay' started by tyler_durden, Feb 5, 2011.

Yes seriously, 14 winning bids for $209.23 and 1 ACRU so far this month, but I have .10 for earnings. Has anyone else noticed odd recordings, and should I contact ebay about this? This just doesn't seem right, and I have been using EPN for over a year without any real issues like this.

tyler_durden, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  2. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tyler, honestly, the QCP system is still very weird sometimes... If your EPC is 0.10 then that sounds about right for that level of sales. If you mean 0.10 is your total earnings then I would be a bit surprised. How has that added up? I mean, you have an EPC of 0.01 and you got 100 clicks, or what?

You CAN contact them, they are more responsive these days than they used to be. Likely they will just try to say that there is no tracking problem or whatever, and also they don't discuss how QCP works so they won't want to get into a discussion of exactly how much you SHOULD have earned. But still worth a try I guess.

markowe, Feb 16, 2011 IP
  3. dbinto

dbinto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same thing but different twice.

I have a campaign like yours;
    49.57 (Winning Bid revenue) 0.11(EPC) 3.87(Total earnings) - its been running for several months

But than again I have another campaign with no bids, no BINs, No ACRU and its earned $10.00

But this system is "better" than the old one. Ya right its better for Ebay. But I'm still making money.

dbinto, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  4. eches

eches Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer the old one because you knew right away where the commission came from but the new system of calculating earning is sometimes frustrating. The best month was about a year ago when under the old system I got GBP 1236 but when it was calculated under new system I barely received GBP 859. Having said that, EPN is still a good source of income for me even under the new system.

eches, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  5. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sigh, I am still very undecided. I have similar experiences - big sales with very small commissions, but conversely sites generating NO conversions for months still bringing in a few quid. I think when you add it all up we are still down but EPN is just so easy to earn from even for newbies that it's worth it. It's still my biggest online earner most months. Though Adsense is close these days. Both are 'pay-per-click' but though EPN clicks are usually less than Adsense, you can have a 50% CTR on EPN products and not raising warning flags - on the contrary, you are SUPPOSED to send lots of (quality) clicks.

So... swings and roundabouts. Some product niches are just more profitable with Adsense, but for some, where you get people regularly buying $1000+ products that don't get advertised through Adwords, EPN is a winner.

markowe, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  6. edge83

edge83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm assuming you mean 0.10 per click and not total earning? From my experience, that's not alarmingly out of the ordinary if your EPC is 0.10. We'll never know how they do it, but that's not off the charts / contact them immediately weird.

edge83, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  7. dowser

dowser Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I didn't pay any attention before, but I got
    Winning Bid Revenue $603.15, (GMB $7,449.69), EPC 0.03 and earnings $7.21

Does it mean that I will get only $7.21 for that campaign? If so - it would be very disappointing as it brings quite a bit of traffic and revenue. I hope to get 50% of that WBR...

dowser, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  8. _nicu_

_nicu_ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how can you convert clicks into money? is there any program? can anyone help me out please?

_nicu_, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  9. Hoolio

Hoolio Member

Best Answers:
    IMHO the only way to deal with EPN is to build in a 3 week "buffer of calm.."

Any changes you make

Anything new you add

Will mess EVERYTHING up earnings wise

But will settle down in about 3 weeks..

Hoolio, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  10. dowser

dowser Member

Best Answers:
    You are right. I've had a quite an exchange with a girl from EPN - of course nothing got cleared, but I was surprised to even get an answer! It's still as clear as mud and after that I was rewarded with 2 weeks with zero revenue, but at least I could vent my frustration. I've put it on the back burner for a while hoping that they smarten up. I'm not holding my breath, though...

dowser, Mar 8, 2013 IP