1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WTF??? Banned from Adsense

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Ac3 0f 5pade5, Jun 26, 2005.

1. gurulakshman

gurulakshman Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    did u get any warning mail from them before u are banned from google.
    First time with out warning u have been banned from google.
    Lakshman

gurulakshman, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  2. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I agree. It's best not to click anything. If you see something on your own ads displayed that you want to check out, it may be the safest thing to just mouse-over and type in the url into your browser instead of clicking.

Blogmaster, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  3. rjerina

rjerina Guest

Best Answers:
    if you are asking me, no. no warning at all.

rjerina, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  4. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:

Well, in my experience.. I did NOT have keyword text, and I did not click my own ads purposely. (I made two clicks a month or two before I was banned, but that was accidental and if those where the reason I was banned, they sure are slow at banning people).

They told me it was invalid clicks.. so apperntly thats the catch-all for banning. Has anybody here been banned for a reason other than invalid clicks?

Josh

Josh, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  5. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah "invalid clicks" seems like a pretty general title to give something. It could mean multiple things like your clicking on your own banners, or someone else is giving you clicks for the wrong reason.

But really, I haven't heard any other people getting banned, for anything besides invalid clicks so it must be a very general accusation.

exaro, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  6. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL - lets see what information we have to make a judgment on when "suspicious activities" are going on...

page impressions
    CTR
    clicks
    earnings

And these aren't even ness. current when you view them.

1. So if page impressions gos up thats not suspicious, maybe your rankings changed. Maybe a word got searched extra times that day.

2. CTR.. this all depends on the person looking at your page. If your CTR gos up 1% one day is this "suspicious"? What if it gos up and down constantly ?? When is it suspicious enough to contact Google?

3. clicks are clicks. You cant see who clicked what or anything except a number.. how can this number ever be suspicious?

4. earnings.. every add pays differently, so if you cant see what adds are clicked how can anything be out of the ordinary?

The fact remains, google adsense doesn't give us enough information to make a judgement on when something "funny" is going on. Unless it's extremely dramatic like a CTR raise of 100%... So how can they possibly expect us to make that judgement call?

I wouldn't doubt people are being banned left and right for "invalid clicks" when other people besides the account holders are clicking multiple times.

yo-yo, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  7. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    (Josh, it was the hidden text that got you nailed with Adsense)

Yo-yo -- since that's an affiliate link for Clicksor in your sig, it's fairly obvious you're trying to generate a few sign-ups by promoting half-truths and BS about Adsense. Nice try. Fear is always a great sales motivator. :)

mcfox, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  8. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    don't make speculation or take shots at my motivation when you have no valid comeback for my obviously strong points against your stance.

I made over $1,500 with adsense last month in comparison to the $108 with clicksor. How's that?

They aren't "half-truths or bs" as you claim, they are legit worries from a successful adsense user. :rolleyes:

yo-yo, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  9. domaintalk

domaintalk Guest

Best Answers:
    Google bans a lot of sites for just that.

They cant think of a reason and they think thats the best reason.

domaintalk, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  10. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Like I said ... BS.

mcfox, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  11. freakrot

freakrot Peon

Best Answers:
    So, does that mean that google is banning accounts if the same person clicks more than one ad??? I have checked my tracking stats and have seen instances where a visitor has clicked 2 or 3 ads. Most are only singles, but there are definitely people that like ads!

freakrot, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  12. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    No, it doesn't. Not at all.
    That's one of the half-truths and BS I'm trying to dispel. That type of user behaviour is normal. It will not result in Adsense accounts being disabled.

Behaviour of the type I'm referring to occurs when someone, or a network of people, decide they will 'fool' adsense monitoring and click each others ads. Say, for example, you PM'd someone from this forum and asked them to click on ads on your site, if you did the same with theirs.

One or two clicks might go unnoticed but it wouldn't take long for a pattern to be established. Once it was, you'd probably both find yourself on the receiving end of an 'Account Disabled' email.

mcfox, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  13. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IF you could be banned for this how does google tell when you are at fault? If some "network" of people was discovered to be clicking your ads, who's to say you had any involvement at all??

What's to stop a jealous competitor from hiring a couple overseas workers to click your ads and get you banned if this were the case?

BS huh...

yo-yo, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  14. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yo-yo, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  15. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    My account was banned today. They must be on a rampage.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  16. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Exactly.

Some of my sites rank very well in Y! and MSN for some competitive keywords/keyphrases. With G's current system, it would be a very easy matter to cause an account termination by generating invalid clicks.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  17. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    It's here:

mcfox, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  18. freakrot

freakrot Peon

Best Answers:
    I just had an idea! It may sound stupid, but then again, it might be just what the doctor ordered.

I'm not a scripting expert, so I'm not sure how difficult this would be to do, but here goes:

When someone visits your site, you can obtain their IP address via some sort of code. Combine that with a click tracker script to log all adsense clicks by ip along with date/time.

Now when someone comes to your site, the first thing your script would do is get their ip, then compare it against the click table query of the last 24 hours, and if that IP has clicked 2 times in the last 24 hours, you can make your page either run adsense ads in test mode (not sure how to do it, but I've heard of it), or alternatively bring up ads from another source other than adsense.

While this may prevent a few legitimate clicks occasionally, it would severely limit your risk of someone clicking a bunch of times to get your account booted.

Any thoughts on this?

freakrot, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  19. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How do you explain AmCy's account being banned? How about the guy on here who's account was REINSTATED after google found out they banned his account wrongfully...

You yourself said a "click network" or multiple persons clicking ads could get someone banned... so whats to stop someone from going to my site or yours and clicking away? Or hiring a couple pakistanis at $3/hour to do it?? What's such "BS" about it??

yo-yo, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  20. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @ yo-yo - you shouldn't mention this
    . Although I'm not from pakistan, but I'm sure there is a couple of webmaster here from there, and you website is expose to adsense clicks fraud attack...

alang, Jul 6, 2005 IP