1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WTB: Old Established Sites/Forums with Low Maintanence, Offering up to 40 months rev!

Discussion in 'Sites' started by spdude, Aug 18, 2007.

I'm looking for extremely solid sites with good revenue. Budget is approx. $120,000

No turnkey, proxies, lyrics, ringtone, adult, dating, warez, myspace, file hosting, P2P file sharing, funny videos, arcades, celeb, or forum only sites. Front sites with forums attached to them are ideal though.

The 40 months revenue multiple is in extreme cases. I am definitely willing to go that high for an exceptional site. The more merits the site has the higher the multiple will be. 20-24 is fair for most good sites. I do this with the sites I sell, and have no problem doing the same when buying. Here are a list of merits I'll be looking for. Please only PM if your site has at least half of them.

1. Low to mid $x,xxx revenue with at least six months of history
    2. Maximum of only two methods of monetization employed.. e.g. Adsense and Tribal Fusion, or Adsense and donations etc.
    3. Domain and website age. 3-5 years old is good.. older is better. Will pay premium for very established sites.
    4. Multiple DMOZ listings
    5. Google Authority status
    6. Maximum of 40% traffic coming from Google.com
    7. Front site AND forum with 1-2 additional subdomains. Not very interested in forum only sites... or content sites with no self growth or user contribution system. Most interested in something which includes all of the above.
    8. Low maintanence, preferably run entirely by volunteer staff
    9. No trademark/copyright or other serious legal issues.
    10. Natural traffic in high x,xxx or low-mid xx,xxx daily uniques range, not dependant on owners own link building strategy.
    11. mid five digit Alexa rank.
    12. if containing forum then minimum 300 logins daily and around 500k posts

Please PM with all URLs. If you think your site is a good candidate, simply PM with URL and brief stats such as age, uniques, revenue etc.

spdude, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  2. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    By the budget being $120k, my purpose was to indicate that I'm looking for sites with price tags in that upper range (mid five figures, right up until 120k).. not any and everything from $0 to $120k.

Revenue-wise $1,000/month would be a bare minimum for the purposes of this thread. Keep the PMs coming.

spdude, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  3. website.seller

website.seller Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    economywatch.com
    theydeserveit.com
    123newyear.com

Kindly go through these websites and let me know if interested, I will provide you with the revenue and traffic proof, once you select the websites.

Thanks

website.seller, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  4. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    website.seller, these are definitely high quality sites.. one major problem I have though, is you're not willing to install Google analytics and give access to view live stats. I always give this access to my buyers when selling an expensive site, and would expect the same.

Please talk to the people higher up who have authority to give this access, and try and arrange it.

Furthermore, would appreciate it, if you could edit out the domain details above, and instead PM the details, as requested in the opening post.

spdude, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  5. website.seller

website.seller Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    spdude, sorry for posting on the thread, cant seem to delete it now....

I will try for google analytics, meanwhile let me know if AW Stats would work.

I am still not able to understand how google analytics would make a difference.

Thanks !!!

website.seller, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  6. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It makes a huge difference. AWstats inflates the numbers because of image loads on other sites.. and leaves gaps and other problems.. When contemplating any serious buy I need very detailed numbers with no possibility for such error.

spdude, Aug 23, 2007 IP