1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writing JUST for the money.

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by lightless, Jan 19, 2009.

1. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I think a big part of the overall problem of bad content is that a lot of the buyers themselves aren't fluent in English. They want to compete in an English-speaking market, because of things like better ad payouts, so they buy cheap articles in English. They often can't even tell if the quality sucks, because they don't know the language well enough to know any better. That's why we see so many raving reviews for terrible writers. Someone honestly thinks that work is decent. Given, there are some English-speaking buyers who just don't care much about actual readers, but a lot of what I've seen on DP in this sense is from the group I'm describing here.

jhmattern, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  2. Debbie H.

Debbie H. Peon

Best Answers:
    Well that makes a lot of sense. I never thought about it like that before and it makes me feel a bit better about the market in general. It would be the same for me if I were to solicit articles written in Spanish. So if someone sent me an article, I might be able to figure out if it made the points I wanted, but I certainly could not judge whether or not it was written well. I know the language just enough to be dangerous. :)

Just today I was on hold with an insurance company and the automated voice gave a message in Spanish to punch 8 if that's the language the listener needed. I knew enough Spanish to know that's what the recording said, but I have no idea whether it was spoken in correct Spanish or not.

Debbie H., Feb 13, 2009 IP
  3. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, that's not the ultimate writers dream. A New York Times bestseller, maybe.

There are big dreams and small dreams. If you dream, dream big. :D

This is what happens when you confuse the priest [Search engine] with god [Website visitors].

lightless, Feb 14, 2009 IP
  4. TomoeMichieru

TomoeMichieru Peon

Best Answers:
    It's like this in any field. You're better at a skill if you have more invested than just the need for an income from it.

TomoeMichieru, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  5. aeolson

aeolson Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the people who just do it because they heard it pays well don't last very long. Writing, especially on the web, takes WORK. It's not as easy as pulling up Word, typing, and then waiting for people to come buy your stuff. If you don't have a passion for it, it's going to be very hard for you. A good grasp of English, sentence structure, how to divide articles etc is only the start of it. If you're only in it for the money, you should expect to work for it -- money rarely falls freely from the sky.

aeolson, Feb 18, 2009 IP