1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writing Fake Made Up Stories For Traffic and Shares

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mkcoy, Mar 29, 2015.

Hello all IM's what is it called when you make up fake stories that people just can't help but click on to see? It would be linkbait right?

Like if you have a blog in the dog niche you might put an extravagant unbelievable wild title like Dog Eats Fish And Can Breath Underwater! or say you was in the games console niche you could put one like Boy Buys Used Xbox With Bomb Inside and Blows Up House! Or something outrageous like that! Bad examples but you'd then have a story on it which is just made up.

Do you ever use this tactic on your blog or have done? Make up a completely fake story with made up events and characters in them?

There are loads of fake story sites. Blogs on celebrities that make up fake stories about famous actors and that and they go viral fast!

These are ones that have taken that whole angle from the start. But you can also use it from time to time even on a serious blog to increase traffic and shares but you have to come up with something that's truly controversial and makes people have to comment on it!

Think about the niche you're working in online. Then think about what would be really wild or possible to happen and put your own spin on it even add a picture or two. Share that on social networks and they can go viral overnight as it gets shared on peoples timelines.

That's why there are so many of those fake story sites. Because they do go viral fast amongst groups of people that just can't get enough of any juicy story on a celeb or someone/something within their interest zone.

Thanks for reading and for your honesty in answering. :)

Mike.

Mkcoy, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  2. robby1995

robby1995 Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen outrageous link bait like this before and i'm always amazed on how much attention it receives, especially on facebook. Honestly i cant comprehend how people don't know or understand by now what link bait is after clicking on the link and being disappointed or mislead so many times.

And sadly i'm seeing it on digital point ads right now sponsored by Taboola, so it must be working on digitalpoint as well... :( .
    As i write this is see:
    "How to get an ipad for as low as $18 online!"
    "#1 worst exersice that ages you faster"
    "how coconut oil will change your life"
    "Contraversial new muscle-builder Takes country by storm" (picture of a massive guy next to a small dude)
    "SHOCKING: New snoring research"

Cant wait till the linkbait times are gone and everyone knows its just bait to get you to their site. One day we will see proper articles being advertised and shared again.

robby1995, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  3. masterbusiness

masterbusiness Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes that would be effective but your website would degrade. I don't really much know about this things but this is interesting considering only the sake of traffic it might be profitable .But for me it might lose potential clients and your site would just be presented like a spam or scam.

masterbusiness, Apr 28, 2015 IP
  4. debbiec12323

debbiec12323 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You may certainly use or create content of that kind and certainly people will fall there clicking the links, however, that will happen just once and that visitor will hardly return to get more because his trust was not rewarded with sincerity but with an ugly experience and the traffic will decrease a lot.

debbiec12323, Apr 28, 2015 IP
  5. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Title is too much I must say, but catchy, and I doubt its effectiveness since its made up.
    However, there are subject headlines that are really catchy yet associated with a great content too.
    I found something on another forum months ago, however it is already edited.
    The title was "DON'T HIRE AN ASIAN TO WRITE FOR YOU!", I guess it is one the best I've ever encountered.
    Too bad I wasn't able to share the OP's thread here.

Patricia Ann Lee, Apr 28, 2015 IP