1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writing Content That Goes Viral

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by mkcookin, Jun 24, 2013.

Your main goal when creating a blog or website, is to get as many viewers as possible reading your content.

The best way to go about doing this is to make your post go viral.

When it comes to writing viral content, there are 3 key factors that must be present in order for this happen.

Step 1: Trigger High Arousal Emotions:

When you create content that triggers high arousal emotions -- your audience experiences these feeling and connect with you on a much deeper level.

It’s also proven that people purchase based on emotion, and justify with logic.
    Feelings such as...
    • Fear
    • Joy
    • Anger
    • Surprise
    Simply rewording your content to make your readers experience one of these 4 emotions, can have a dramatic effect to how viral your content can go.

Step 2: Create Useful Content

Your'e next step is to create content that is helpful and useful to your readers.

Makes sense right?

We all like to share information to our friends or family, that has benefited in one way or another. Having this positive reaction will increase the connection your readers have with you.

Step 3: Have A Strong Call To Action:

Lastly, you want a clear call to action, telling your reader what to do at the end.

People on the internet are busy and 70% time are scanning web pages. By saying comment below if you like this, you can help guide your readers where you want.

Summary

When you are writing your next blog post, or article – remember to keep three key factors in mind to help your content go more viral.

These are…
    1. Targeting high arousal emotions
    2. Creating content that is useful
    3. Have a clear call to action at the end of your content.

mkcookin, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  2. falsebook

falsebook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips.
    Newbies, Just keep writing lots more articles in this way and I'm sure you'll do fine.

falsebook, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think understanding your audience is also important. You will better understand what motivates them, what social networks they use, and so on.

dcristo, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  4. mkcookin

mkcookin Greenhorn

Best Answers:

I couldn't agree more!

By getting into the heads of your customers, you can really connect with them on an emotional level when creating your post or articles.

For example if your average customer is a male is mid 40's -- you then would want to think what his day is like...

He probably wakes up to an alarm clock, gets a cup of coffee, drives to work in rush hour traffic, spends his day in meetings, when he leaves work stops at the grocery store to buy food, comes home to watch some tv then sleep, then starts it all over.

Simply starting your article off like:

"Imagine never having to wake up to you're alarm clock, setting the hours you want to work and sleep, and being able to spend more time with your wife and kids."

Right off the bat you are connection with him on an emotional level that excites him and wants him to read more.

mkcookin, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  5. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    Every write-up has the chance to go viral if and only if it is worth the time of your readers. As a writer/blogger you must have a clear mind to whatever topic you want to write, so that it will focus on a way many can understand.
    Writing from the heart and using your mind at the same time, still works.

Web Outsourcing Gateway, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  6. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    So far I've gotten at least a few people per day to read my posts. It's hard. I try to follow the advice as shown above. However, it still seems like what I would think would catch someone attention is truthfully something that hardly anyone really cares about. It's almost like I have to post myself not wearing any clothes and boy that would be humorous. LOL

Alyssa Lochmore, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  7. WillmingtonW

WillmingtonW Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Alyssa I'm sure you've done your research on your chosen niche, but anyways you may be surprised just how big your audience can really be.... unless your niche is really crazy! :p

It's important to remember that creating great copy isn't enough and that you must concentrate on your SEO and presentation also. If your passionate about what your writing about maybe you just need to focus on your advertising and marketing to a greater extent and letting people know you are out there! If your passionate about what you are producing you will make it work :)

WillmingtonW, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:

URL or gtfo :p

dcristo, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  9. ViolentAJ

ViolentAJ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the tips, OP. I really need to work on my writing skills. I've mainly been writing tutorials and product descriptions, but I'd like to branch out into articles.

ViolentAJ, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  10. faithchad

faithchad Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing. I thought this was a pretty nice discussion for all. Well, the power to write viral content does indirectly translate to a higher chance of you getting hired as a freelance writer.

I have written this article some time back and thought it might fit in with the discussion. If writers could avoid those pitfalls mentioned in the article, and pay attention to the evolving world around them to pull out what's trending, what's touching and what's moving to the modern masses... I think those writers will be on track to create content that goes viral.

http://writing-lab.com/2011/04/freelance-writers-why-are-you-not-hired/

faithchad, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  11. ReferralCandy

ReferralCandy Member

Best Answers:
    Oh my, i was just commenting on viral articles but on a completely different thread! It would've fit in much better here :p Let me take a chunk out of what i'd said there to paste here...

My colleague wrote a blog post on Jessica Rey, a former Power Ranger selling "modest swimwear" by telling girls to "reveal their dignity" and raved about Converse's genius of a marketing team. Both posts went viral, with the CMO of Converse, Geoff Cottrill, retweeting the said post, and following us on Twitter. Sometimes, it's about hitting the waves of online media at the right time, with quality content in tow. It gets anyone great exposure, with spillover effects onto older articles or content, and a certain percentage of retaining new readers.

I always find it interesting to watch how many sites ride the "viral wave" when a hot topic comes along. There are lots of people out there who write mediocre or even crappy articles about the topic of choice, and get lots of traffic from it just because of the right timing and SEO. I absolutely love it when big brands manage to ride the wave, but turn written articles around into much more deep, insightful and thought-provoking pieces that can serve as evergreen content. That's brilliance right there :)

ReferralCandy, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  12. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing these tips. And after writing the content, make sure to start the cycle and promote your article. It will not go viral on its own. If you have a following already, then one or two users will be sure to share the articles on their social media accounts. But, if you don't have a following yet, then do the sharing first. :)

Have a good day!

affilorama, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  13. mkcookin

mkcookin Greenhorn

Best Answers:

I agree Candy :) One of the best and easiest ways to to write content that can go viral is look at what is happening in the media -- then write a quality post/article about the topic.

This is an great topic to go along with writing viral content. Once you have created a well written article or post then reformat that article into different formats like:
    • PowerPoint
    • Video
    • Podcast
    • Blog Comment
    • Article
    • etc etc etc
    This is simple way to work smarter NOT harder. You use the same information you already wrote -- and get it to a bigger audience with little to no effort.

On top of this If you have an article like I mentioned that triggers a feeling like joy or surprise it will not take many people viewing it until they start promoting your content -- and it goes viral :)

mkcookin, Jul 2, 2013 IP