1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writing Articles for BackLinks

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by websiteideas, Mar 3, 2006.

Is this a good way to get backlinks? If so, can anyone post their story about how it worked for them please.

websiteideas, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  2. MediaHustler

MediaHustler Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I actually submitted my first article today. I download a niffty prog. called Article Submitter(or)Distrubter Pro from download.com

It has a 200+ list of article sites, it's a 3 day trial unless you buy. You input your article and info and when you load the site in the program it loads it up in the fields so you don't have to type anything. The downside is 60% of the sites they provide for you require logins. So I skipped them and submitted to the ones that did not require logins. Who knows maybe tomorrow if I have the time i'll submit to the login needed ones.

But I like it and think it can be very valuable.

MediaHustler, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  3. websiteideas

websiteideas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tried that program a couple months ago and it crashed on me after I had spent 20 minutes going through all the steps to set things up. Has there been significant updates to the program recently? If not, I don't want to try that buggy program again.

websiteideas, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  4. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:
    You may find this blog entry I wrote interesting Publishing Articles.

- Michael

Michael, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  5. websiteideas

Best Answers:
    Very good article. Thanks, I suspected these article submission websites were worthless and abused and your article confirmed my suspicions.

websiteideas, Mar 4, 2006 IP
  6. Yahoo!Guy

Yahoo!Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Writing and submitting articles can be valuable but you can't see its benefits in a short time. You must wait.. :(

Yahoo!Guy, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  7. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    My experience shows that google picks the articles I submit on around 80 sites within a month of submitting. Each of these articles will be giving a link to your site and while the links may not show up in google with a link:www.site.com search for a while they will be counted as links to your site.

The great thing about articles is they give relevant backlinks which are the most valuable. You control the content on the page that links to you.

If you are considering submitting articles do a google search for "article directory" to find the most valuable one to submit to.

mad4, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  8. websiteideas

Best Answers:
    So, you actually find that submitting to many article directories works for you which is in contrast to what the article posted above claims. How do you submit them to 80 sites and how much time does that take you? And, do you post the article on your own site and if so does that cause you to get penalized for duplicate content?

websiteideas, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  9. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Submitting articles works very well to get backlinks, its a very cost effective way of getting lots of links. Whether google values these links as highly as true natural links nobody knows.

I use software to automate the process and I submit to 180 sites not 80.

If the article is indexed on your site first then you shouldn't get a dup content penalty. The article sites you submit to might get a penalty but this won't affect the quality of the links they give you.

mad4, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  10. adamjthompson

adamjthompson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I get best results doing article "swaps", exchanging unique articles. Makes for very high quality links, IMO. :)

adamjthompson, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  11. YoungSmeagol

YoungSmeagol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really? I thought about doing that at linkmetro but I don't want to host articles on my domain that aren't relevant to my topic.

Google considers links that are in body of the paragraph of the main content as being natural links. At least that is how it was explained to me. That's why I'm so interested in article submissions.

I submited one ok article to article city and I only got back like 13 links in 6 months (all PR 0) but I keep thinking that If I submit a better article and I use article submission software It might get picked up by more sites (legitimate and otherwise).

YoungSmeagol, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  12. adamjthompson

adamjthompson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do them privately with related sites. See link in my signature...

adamjthompson, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  13. nuttymarketer

nuttymarketer Peon

Best Answers:
    You see the best way to get ahead in the game of Internet marketing is to play the game according to rule of Internet.

Internet was created to be a Net of people to exchange Ideas. And Thats the best way to do the marketing. Although it is tough to monetize, but In long term it pays to be seen as serious player.

So play the game. Get as many as Incoming and reciprocal links. and Believe me nothing is better than distributing content.

Arvind Kumar

nuttymarketer, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  14. mddv

mddv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is a good way to build links and if you are writing a article that is relevant to your website then you will also gain some unique traffic from publisher websites but not that much.

What can you say any traffic is good traffic.

mddv, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  15. buronggoy

buronggoy Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a question about submitting article to get backlinks.
    Is it ok to submit my article to an article directory eventhough the one im submitting(article) is already in my site?
    Does google will not penalize me for duplicating articles displayed in my site(which I have written) and the copy that will be displayed in an article directory sites for backlinks?

buronggoy, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  16. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    If the article is on your site then you shouldn't get a dup content penalty.

I think it has been shown that a lot of the article sites themselves get a penalty but that won't usually affect the links they give to you.

mad4, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  17. mit

mit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles Submission is the best way to get back links and traffic for your website.
    Go on..

Thanks & Regards,
    Amit Verma

mit, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  18. buronggoy

buronggoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this advice.Any other advice?
    Just want to make sure I will not mess with my site.

19. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Article submission is one of those things that will always be debated (like directory submission) but it can't hurt so you may as well give it a try.

If we could get articles printed in a load of newspapaers for free then we would do this wouldn't we?

mad4, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  20. buronggoy

buronggoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool..Thanks for this piece of advice.
    I think I should go on with your advice.
    I will give it a shot..
    I feel comfortable now.Thanks!