1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writing An Article On Insurance Niche, Could Use Some Advice:) Thanks!

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Margo Johnson, Feb 14, 2013.

Hi everyone,

I am writing an article for someone else, I posted it as my talent on Apsense,..and it's not writing it that I am having a hard time with in the literal sense, but it is coming up with the facts to write.

Okay so the gentleman wants an article written on "Why Insurance Is The Highest Paying Niche?"

I messaged him and told him it isn't the highest paying niche but never got a reply back,...lol

Anyway, I have to write an article on why its the highest paying when it isn't and if that isn't hard enough (I hate lying) I can't find any supportive facts that I can use to build my article.

The article is up to 1000 words,...and I am SOOOO disappointed with what I have so far, I usually write very well but I am having a heck of a time with this,...maybe it's lack of interest in the subject,..I have tried to find info all morning on it and I only have like 26 hours to finish this.....

Any helpful suggestions would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance;)

Margo Johnson, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    So, how did it go? What type of insurance were we talking about? Health, car, home, life...? All of them are unique in their own way. Some of them are more profitable than the others.

Anyway, I hope it worked out just fine for you...

qwikad.com, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You don't "have" to do anything. If you can't do the job to a particular standard (set either by you or your client) then decline the work.

sarahk, Feb 20, 2013 IP
    Senobia likes this.
  4. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's lack of interst coupled with lack of enough knowledge on the subject. qwikad.com is right: what type of insurance is the client referring to? All three or just one in particular. This is important because if you know which particular one, it will be easier to do research on it. This is a case where you need to do a bit of digging for facts like how much insurance affects our lives, and things like that. You can then refer to those facts when justifying that insurance is the highest paying niche (even if you think otherwise :) ).

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  5. alasdairsim

alasdairsim Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you can't write the article or haven't found any relevant information through research then maybe it is time to give it up and tell them that you can't do it? Not being negative here; I have turned down work before because I didn't know enough about the particular topic to write about it effectively.

alasdairsim, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  6. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Me, too. I hate to do it, but I'd rather turn it down than to put my name on something I wasn't confident about.

Senobia, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  7. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've done the same thing. I don't write for every topic and some topics, I simply have no interest in in the slightest bit. Sure, I could research a topic, spend hours doing it, but sometimes, you just can't write well about a specific topic. I could produce content for it, but nothing I'd be willing to give to a client.

TextServices, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  8. axxil

axxil Member

Best Answers:
    Ask yourself if one day you might hate yourself for having written it. Or hope that no one will ever track it back to you (unlikelly admittedly if you use a pen-name.) You may even dread hearing from that customer again in case the article is so good he wants more of the same... Obviously it's your call but the consensus seems to be you're not onto a winner here. I'd go with the consensus personally.

axxil, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  9. Margo Johnson

Margo Johnson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello everyone,
    I just happened to come across this again and wanted to update everyone. I didn't write the piece. I wasn't confident in the topic, the client wanted it to be generalized and not about one specific type of insurance. I couldn't reach the client when needed and I need to have an open close relationship with my clients. Thank you all for your comments and concern. I was worried about what turning the work down would do to my reputation but than later realized I would rather not turn in something I don't feel good about than turn in garbage and somehow have it linked to me.

I hope all is going well for everyone!

Margo Johnson, Aug 5, 2015 IP