1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writing a proxy list like proxy.org, need advice on how to handle requested proxy/url

Discussion in 'Programming' started by scriptman, Aug 18, 2007.

I'm writing a tool similar to www.proxy.org but with some features which I'd like to keep to myself for now.

My concern is - how do I send off the user requested URL and selected proxy? I can't simply redirect them to www.theproxytheywant.com?url=www.google.com because most proxies don't allow that - instead they have client side javascript that first encrypts the URL and this mechanism is unique to each proxy type.

So. How can I go about this?

Thanks.

scriptman, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  2. Evolv5

Evolv5 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of phproxy sites just encode their urls in Base64, so, for those, you could just encode the requested url in base64 as well. It might work for some.

Evolv5, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  3. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Forget it, there is no way you can pass by that proxy protections on all proxies. Even proxy.org cannot do that.

It would be more fair do send them to www.theproxytheywant.com when they click a proxy or else you would be just another leacher.

login, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  4. abdussamad

abdussamad Active Member

Best Answers:
    I run a number of phproxies and this is the first I have heard of JS being used to encrypt the URL. It is totally untrue for phproxy. All that is required is a simple form with post method submitting to the index.php of the proxy site. You can see an example at masterunblocker.com . The homepage is not a proxy but a blog. Take a look at the source code and you'll see.

abdussamad, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  5. mafiatr

mafiatr Banned

Best Answers:
    if u still need help i can help u ..send me pm

mafiatr, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  6. yangyang

yangyang Banned

Best Answers:
    As you have said, though it's unique each type of proxy script, it's the same with all proxy sites using the same type of script. Just download all the scripts and look for how they have implemented the URL encoding. This way you could counter-engineer it and *leech* all of them. ;)

Not to mention some proxy sites don't encode URLs at all.

yangyang, Jan 1, 2009 IP