1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writers: Your Rates.......

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Kraven2, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Perry, I am not coming at you, or anything of the sort. Just an honest question.

Since I came here you have been at DY's case, but have you ever really tried anything he suggested?

Kraven2, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  2. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Perry, Is it really necessary for you to be so critical about everything. What kind of proof do you need to see in order for you to believe that Dyadvisor has helped me increase my income? I can give you figures, but you will just do the cough crap again. What do you want to see?

gvannorman, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  3. allwinners

allwinners Peon

Best Answers:
    Really constructive comment here! I detect a slice or arrogance about you. I trust this is the projection you are attempting to cast, or have I misread your attempt at humor?

allwinners, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  4. allwinners

allwinners Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would you even contemplate "proving" anything to anyone? If this person gets his rocks off by putting other people down, let him take that lonely journey. You don't need to prove anything to him, who is he anyway? Just another DP member, nothing more, nothing less.

5. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    He has been on dy's back since he came here. I am trying to find out what he needs to know. I have proof that dyadvisor has helped me double if not triple my income in the last 3 weeks. The man knows what he is talking about. I think its about time that Perry realizes this and backs off. That is all I am trying to do. But, you are right I have nothing to prove to anyone. I know what I know. That is all that matters. Maybe Perry should just take Lesson 1 of the Dy's class at the QWF and then come back and talk. Instead he just comes in here and makes rude and unwarranted comments. I say he gets reported like I have for using a word that is directed toward another DP member.

6. allwinners

allwinners Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right, you have nothing to prove, and every moment you spend on a loser is a moment you never recover. I have actually taken a look at that forum, and although there are only 83 members, it seems like there is some good information. I actually registered today, so it will be interesting to see what develops from that.

7. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    There is only 83 members. The thing is just 1 week ago we were at 40 members. We are getting larger and stronger each day. There are well over 4000 job listings.

8. allwinners

allwinners Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay so I think the OP was wanting some idea of how rates have been calculated for writing, so I had better disseminate now. I wanted to earn a reasonably good hourly rate, based on what I do, and what I can do, within the hour. I set my minimum benchmark at $30 per hour. To determine how much I would charge for articles, I established how many good quality, well researched articles I could generate in that 60 minutes, as well as multitasking on other projects at the same time. When I had worked out how many 500 word articles I could produce, I added research time, and proof reading time, and arrived at a figure.

So lets say that my total number of articles for the hour was 4. That's 2000 words, including research and proofreading. $30 divided by 2000 word is 1.5 cents per word. This of course would work out to be $7.50 per 500 word article.

This is a minimum rate that I charge, and I do offer discounts for packages of articles.

9. allwinners

allwinners Peon

Best Answers:
    Hahaha yep and before I joined, there were 82!