1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writers Needed/Pays Adsense share

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by LevaCygnet, Feb 13, 2009.

I am looking for writers who are fluent and write fluidly in English to write news articles for my site. Articles would be on breaking/topical news and can be 50 words and up. (Though a bit longer than 50 words does better in search.) Basically, a just-the-facts keyword laden approach on news. Funny/snarky posts are welcome as long as they're not offensive.

I'm also looking for reviewers (for any entertainment media or tech product), and people who want to write more in depth articles. The target audience are us geeks and SF fandom.

The site in question is a PR6 or 7 (depending on Google's mood) news site that is picked up by Google news. As you can see by the domain, we're definitely not a brand new site. Up to half our traffic is from search, so we do pretty good in the SERPs.

Pay is 99% of Adsense revenue. We're approved as an Adsense API site which means your Google pub ID is displayed 100% of the time in the ad code & Google does the revenue split.

Actual revenue per article typically varies from pennies to low dollars -- you guys should know the score there. One day we'll be site-targeted with a video ad campaign and the writers will make $$ and the next we'll make pennies ... Traffic to articles varies from hundreds of views to tens of thousands, depending on topic and use of keywords.

The process to sign up is really simple:

1) Create an account here. (Please do read the reasons outlining why we'll deny an account.)

2) After we approve you, provide your Adsense info.

3) Submit articles that are your own work. We'll approve/deny articles mostly based on quality and how well they fit the site needs. We approve far more articles than we deny.

It's as simple as that. There's no commitment, and you retain most rights for your work. :D

-- Leva

LevaCygnet, Feb 13, 2009 IP