1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writers' Markets

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by jhmattern, Nov 8, 2006.

I, and a few other writers here regularly speak out on trying to get new and underpaid writers to start earning what they're worth. If you'd like to finally get some real answers as to how to increase your revenue as a writer, and move onto a more professional playing field, you can follow along with, and learn from, our successes, our failures, and a lot of tips along the way in the Six Figure Challenge we're running next year. We're kicking it off early by providing free writers' resources and tips on the official blog, myspace page, and a new freelance writing forum I just launched. As a part of that, I'll regularly be posting higher paying writers' markets in three different places (different listings in each place):

www.AllFreelancing.com
    www.SixFigureChallenge.com
    www.Myspace.com/sixfigurechallenge

I'll be posting to each tonight, and have already posted at the AllFreelancing forum. So if you're one of the writers who's not happy earning just a few dollars per article, and you'd like to learn more about higher-paying markets, be sure to have a look at those sites. Today's markets include sites hiring at a variety of rates, such as $1.25/word, and up to $1500 per article. I'll be doing my best to post markets to each of those sites daily.

Enjoy. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  2. telegraph.hill

telegraph.hill Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, Jenn, for helping us new writers.

I am one of those that would like to move up from the low paying gigs to the better paying ones. I can offer some expertise on quite a range of topics - science, history of science, travel, Japan, and so on, so I feel that my writing is worth more than what I have made so far.

I think that I am going to find those links tremendously useful.

telegraph.hill, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  3. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I certainly hope so. Thanks for checking them out. :) I don't think I posted any specifically in those niches (although there might be one or two travel-related... don't recall right now), but they might surface now and then in the posts. Speaking of which, over the next hour or so I'll be adding new markets for today. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  4. telegraph.hill

telegraph.hill Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, Jenn - the MySpace link didn't work.

telegraph.hill, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  5. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    jhmattern, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  6. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    I just switched my "Recent Blog" setting here at DP, so now you can find the latest writers' market listings any day. :D Also, today I started breaking the three sites into markets for different niches. On days when I'm posting, I'll try to keep that up for a while. So if you want markets in a certain niche, feel free to make requests, and I'll try to post from them if I find decent markets. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  7. nextebizguy

nextebizguy Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be cool if you would track the earnings on the main page. :) I'm interested in following how you do. :)

nextebizguy, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  8. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    We're going to track them in our bios, since we're working towards individual goals... we'll be posting to the blog periodically though, so updates on progress will cycle through the main page. :) The Challenge itself doesn't start until January, so it'll probably be February when we start posting updates on amounts. :) In the meantime, enjoy the markets. :)

jhmattern, Nov 16, 2006 IP