1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WRITERS: If you don't want the harsh truth, don't read this.

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by marketjunction, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Sam Gilmore

Sam Gilmore Peon

Best Answers:
    So how to find those people who are ready to pay a decent fee?

Sam Gilmore, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  2. momomesh

momomesh Active Member

Best Answers:
    lets just go quality rather than the feeble quantity where they just spin your articles and make due dates,
    i have those encounters ALOT~!!!

Thanks

momomesh, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  3. johnmasterson

johnmasterson Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure I entirely agree with you here.

Top writers in the UK and US are capable of earning FAR more than cheap Indian workers. If you really believe that people who've spent years working for the Times or Wall Street Journal on original, well-researched articles, can be outperformed by Indians on $1 per day, you need to put down the crackpipe, in my opinion.

I think there is a certain snobbishness towards the UK and the USA. People seem to like the idea that we're struggling, or 'on the way out' in some way. The truth is, people earning £100k per year are more, using their brains, are not interested in writing $1 articles on the Internet.

I'm English and have earned £7k in one month from writing, at one time. I am also involved in all sorts of other business projects, But by all means, if you think I'm heading for the soup kitchen, carry on believing that if it makes you feel better.

johnmasterson, Jul 17, 2012 IP
  4. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually many news papers and magazines are going bankrupt including the Wall Street Journal so they are pasting AP news blurbs and having college kids writing for school credit. Times are changing and news papers and magazines are an outdated business model writers are being laid off everyday.

How many 100k writing jobs do you see in ANY help wanted section ? I have never seen 1. There might be jobs that pay that but that is so rare.

averyz, Jul 17, 2012 IP
  5. dynavox

dynavox Member

Best Answers:

Very true. I agree with you 100%

dynavox, Jul 17, 2012 IP
  6. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While I don't regularly look at help wanted ads for writers, I did once see an ad for in the neighborhood of 100k. But, it was back in the late 90's. It was for a technical writer. They were hoping you knew about their multi-million dollar equipment but were willing to train the right person. They would be writing and translating highly technical material in English and German.

I think those days are gone though.

YMC, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  7. DeepThink

DeepThink Peon

Best Answers:
    The more experience a writer gets, the higher the pay he demands. The best thing is know your worth.

DeepThink, Aug 5, 2012 IP