1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writer Burnout

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by gvannorman, Dec 1, 2009.

1. EspressoChick

EspressoChick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I agree with the poster who suggested you give yourself some sort of short break. Even a long weekend could really refresh you - don't think you have to take a whole week off. Unless you really, really NEED a whole week off! lol Trust your body and emotions.

I think also scheduling breaks during the day are important. Take a short afternoon break - I get a cup of tea and go outside for a little while. Your breaks could be different. A break can really make a big difference - make you work a lot harder and focused as you are doing so.

Feel better! :)

EspressoChick, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  2. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This happens also with me in programming or anything that get big or become a routine.

The solution is to diversify your business model; you are a writer, that's okay, but it doesn't mean that you have to write each day the same kind of articles and repeat the same words in other manners.

Finding new monetization methods for your profession is the best solution. Something new, will make you much more happier, it's like travelling from your home country to somewhere else.

omarabid, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  3. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Since I write for Helium, I will rate the articles. Some of the articles are so badly-written that they cure my writer's block.
    Another method I try is to re-write some articles, or to put some bullet points into article-length.

scheng1, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  4. ChrisChoiSEO

ChrisChoiSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    When I feel burned out from writing, I focus on bringing value to the reader. I ask myself "what do I need to write to add value to this person's life?". This doesn't always work but it helps me in the motivation department. I also take a break from all the writing and take a break by watching some TV or exercising.

ChrisChoiSEO, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  5. tnbturbo

tnbturbo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it sounds to me like your at the stage of your business where you need to outsource a little? There is only so much you can do in a day before burning yourself out.

tnbturbo, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  6. Action Copy

Action Copy Peon

Best Answers:
    What I like to do for writer burn out? Simple.

Go for a Run. Lift some weights. Throw up 315lb on the bench relieves alot of stress.

Or throw in the DVD and watch that Mike Tyson fight on my 52" of him knocking out that putz in 27 seconds.

Brett

Action Copy, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  7. BENNY8877

BENNY8877 Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Maybe finding another creative outlet will help. When my brain turns to mush I pick up my guitar and play for a while.

BENNY8877, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  8. omthoke

omthoke Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i've been working as a writer cum blogger since past 5 years, and never faced such a situation! It is so perhaps i love to do what i am doing at the moment, and i write on a wide range of topics - so probably if you write on 100s of topics you won't get bugged man - that's it!!

omthoke, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  9. acadianapa

acadianapa Peon

Best Answers:
    My most effective weapon against burnout is Dragon Naturally Speaking. I usually write by typing. But if I'm bored or tired and can't get moving, I stick on the headphones and blast out 2 or 3 quick articles using speech recognition software. It usually requires editing, but when I'm burned out I need words on the page - fast - to encourage me. The editing usually is easier than the writing.

I also try to get my hardest writing for the day done earlier in the day. When I'm tired, I need to have the easiest work possible still available in order to remain productive. Good luck.

acadianapa, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  10. shanlee

shanlee Peon

Best Answers:
    I think taking a rest will be only solution. you must keep some time for other activities too. It will keep your interest in the work.

shanlee, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  11. lilly0721

lilly0721 Peon

Best Answers:
    You kno what, I just stop. Sometimes I've written so much
    that a new thought just won't come. I find it's best to just
    take a break.

Go outside and get some fresh air - it stirs my creative
    juices...

lilly0721, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  12. lucyaw

lucyaw Peon

Best Answers:
    If I know I've got a lot of work to do that day but no motivation then I use a reward system (perhaps a bit animalistic, but it works for me!) where I'll split the work day into chunks and break them up with little rewards. For example, I won't let myself get cake and a cup of tea until I've finished two articles, then after another two I'll watch tv for half an hour. I'm really lame and love housework so I use that as a 'reward' too. You'd be surprised at how much you get done that way, and how good it feels when you're done.

lucyaw, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  13. palmerlarryray

palmerlarryray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent thread. I've been having a problem with this a bit myself lately and some of the ideas given sound very good. I will have to give them a shot and see if I can find my motivation again. Thanks everyone.

palmerlarryray, May 1, 2010 IP
  14. Fem

Fem Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to
    => Take A Glass Of Cold Water
    => Take Short but Fast Walk
    => Take 3 Loooooooooooong Breath
    => Take A Trip To Wonderland [A Land In Your Imagination]
    => Take Your Puppy outside or Kid to the Garden
    => Take A Nap

Fem, May 21, 2010 IP