1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Write an ebook.

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by MarketerRon, Jan 18, 2014.

I plan to write an ebook around the topic of internet marketing for beginners. Can anyone offer any help, tips or advice please?

MarketerRon, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You need to show that you have researched and proven the claims that you make.

So much SEO advice is just regurgitated wishful thinking, if you want to be taken seriously you have to prove it.

sarahk, Jan 18, 2014 IP
    MarketerRon and Vlasic like this.
  3. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think there is anything about SEO that hasn't been writter already.

MarketerRon, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Indeed, It was an example of topics that are handled badly that come under the banner of internet marketing.

sarahk, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  5. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Approach SEO from the basics, but avoid having the voice of a condescending know-it-all. Embrace the benefits of eBook publishing and cite every single source you use with a footnote or link to the glossary. Research. Also, it is important to understand that SEO is a rapidly developing part of internet marketing. You need to make sure you write your information so that it can still be applicable several years into the future. Mention fundamentals, and explain those in more detail.
    You are right, a lot has been written about SEO, but nothing is perfect. When you research, pay attention to who does what best, and emulate it in your own book.
    Good luck! :)

YJunK, Jan 20, 2014 IP
    MarketerRon likes this.
  6. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The advice given to you will vary, depending on whether you plan to sell this book or not.

I'm assuming that you do plan to sell it.

You need to research the free ebooks that are already floating around on this very subject and determine whether or not you have anything of value to add, which would warrant someone paying for your ebook.

If you do, then let those ebooks be your guide as to what needs saying or what's already been said.

If you don't have anything of value to add, then you should 1)rethink your idea of selling your ebook or 2) rethink your subject matter.

Senobia, Jan 21, 2014 IP
    MarketerRon likes this.
  7. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for replying. This task is becoming more daunting by the day.

Yes, thanks for your advice. It may be just a matter of re-packaging existing content but adding my story to make it unique.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
    MarketerRon, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  8. Asif Aziz

Asif Aziz Member

Best Answers:
    Here's what Ive picked up from the last few years of creating eBooks:

- Do some research on your main audience & make sure that you address their needs & problems. Ask this audience what they would like to see in your book. Don't create content you want - its what THEY want! This content has to be such, that many are willing to pay for the content (there's enough free crap out there anyway!)

- I'm assuming that the end goal of your book is to make money? If this is the case, cater for the buyers & not the free-loaders! Making & keeping your buyers happy will ensure they will trust you & keep buying from you!

- Make sure that you ebook is consistent - chapter after chapter. In the past, ive seen eBooks that are nothing more than just collections of PLR articles that have been bunched together & called 'an eBook'. Not good enough! Your ebook has to be written with TLC from start to finish. (okay, i admit...i did this the first time i started Internet Marketing...many moons ago!)

- It's better to focus on 2-3 topics & REALLY drill down on those topics & have real in-depth coverage. This is much better than creating a generic guide which skims over everything from Affiliate Marketing to Flipping websites!

Az

Asif Aziz, Jan 21, 2014 IP
    MarketerRon likes this.
  9. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    People have said to me that everything that can be written regarding IM has already been written. So I may need to re-hash some of the best and add my personal story.

MarketerRon, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  10. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is so much info on SEO for free.. Why would someone pay for yet another pile of info on it ?

A personal story would have to be a shinning star or a unique inside look at something no one has ever seen.
    Like-
    -I worked with Matt Cutts for 3 years and designed search algorithms for google
    -I was head SEO manager with these major successful internet giants from the ground up

Not- I made a yet another blog about seo, here is a link because no one finds my blog in google.

averyz, Jan 21, 2014 IP
    MarketerRon likes this.
  11. wanderinglex47

wanderinglex47 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What I'd recommend is to forget eBooks - there's too many of them on the topic. Create an email newsletter instead (basically like an eBook spread throughout 5-15 emails), and either sell it as a full package or use it for your own email list. There's much less competition here and you can use the same information in a new, refreshing way.

A great alternative is an audio/video course, if you're up to the task.

wanderinglex47, Jan 22, 2014 IP
    MarketerRon likes this.
  12. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why are you writing the ebook?

Do you honestly feel you have something new to say or a better way of presenting something old?

Are you writing an ebook because some web guru said that it is the cornerstone to marketing yourself online? It can be. But, for probably 99% of folks, it's not.

Based on your signature, you are only beginning your endeavors with online marketing? How would you sell a book on something you, yourself have only minimal experience with?

YMC, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  13. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    The ebook will be for newbies. I admit, there won't be a detailed account, just a giveaway to try and establish myself on the web.

MarketerRon, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  14. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    I get your point, but I need to start somewhere.

MarketerRon, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  15. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    Audio and video training is in the course, but I have to crawl before I walk, lol.

MarketerRon, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  16. wanderinglex47

wanderinglex47 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you'd need a good microphone (everyone recommends the AT2020 USB as the best budget mic - search Google for best podcasting equipment) and learn how to use Audacity (which is free) and Camtasia (rather basic video editor, but good for starters).

If you plan on doing audio/video in the future, I would recommend starting right now - record something every day (not for publishing, just for practice), watch and listen to what others do and copy them - it may feel silly at first (why record and edit if no one but you will listen), but it will help immensely when creating an actual product. As they say, practice makes perfect.

I liked this guy's free video course, for example: www.viperchill.com/blueprint/ - it's all the basics in a nice format and could easily be a WSO on Warrior Forum.

Also, you need more content on your blog :)

wanderinglex47, Jan 25, 2014 IP
    briguy likes this.
  17. Uros Zivkovic

Uros Zivkovic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Since it's beginners you're writing to, it would probably be wise to give them strategies that don't require much investment, if any at all, because since they are beginners they most likely don't have much to invest at all. Try and keep it as simple and step by step as possible, otherwise it's very easy to get "information overload", I know this since I was that newbie once. Last but not least, something they could implement as fast as possible so they could see results much faster.

Even tho you SHOULD try and make it good looking, i've seen and bought a TON of ebooks that look like crap from very established internet marketers, but then again, their methods work. So keep that in mind, the most important thing after all is that they work.

Hope this help and good luck!

Uros Zivkovic, Jan 25, 2014 IP
    MarketerRon likes this.
  18. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    Uros, that does help, thank you. Great tip about them not having a lot to invest. Thanks.

MarketerRon, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  19. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    waneringlex, there's only 24 hours in the day, lol. The blog is a work in progress. Thanks for the advice on video/audio.

MarketerRon, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  20. abuk

abuk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i can help you...pls contact me

abuk, Jan 25, 2014 IP