1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WP plugin: Amazon Gallery for Affiliates - interested?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by meepmeep, Dec 21, 2012.

?

Would you be interested purchasing such a plugin?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
    Hi everybody, I've created a WordPress plugin for myself to increase an Amazon product review site's user engagement, visual appeal by fetching product images directly from Amazon automatically through the product advertising API. So I don't have to download, insert into posts and maintain the product images because Amazon does it for me.

You can check it out in action on the http://review-home.com/vacuum-cleaners/hoover-windtunnel-vacuum-cleaner-review page (top-left side of the post area). It also provides some pre-defined templates for the gallery to display for example: http://review-home.com/vacuum-cleaners/hoover-platinum-vacuum-cleaner-review so the visual presentation is configurable.

You can put a [shortcode] anywhere in the post and the plugin will display the gallery on that location. It can fetch the images based on ASIN, product name or keywords (possible to define them as shortcode attribute, custom post field or even post title).

My question is: if I released the plugin for sale for public, so other affiliates purchase it and could use it on their own affiliate sites, would any of you be interested in purchasing it for around $8 one time price?
    Also what kind of extra features would you like to see in such a plugin?

Looking forward for your answers and insights! :)

meepmeep, Dec 21, 2012 IP
  2. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice clean site and your plugin looks to work well.

I would say as a feature, it needs to have an option to sync the images with amazon (instead of downloading them once). You might already be doing this of course :)

freshdevelopment, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  3. meepmeep

meepmeep Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi mate, yes u are totally right about syncing. I already tought about that and that's the reason in the plugin options you can set up cache time :) - so this feature you say is already implemented. You can adjust the amount the plugin caches the individual Amazon API responses, and thus the images as well. That means if the images change on Amazon's side the plugin reloads them after the cache time is up.
    Thanks for the feedback!

meepmeep, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  4. samisharon

samisharon Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey can i know about add amazon's affilates to Wordpress blog...?

samisharon, Dec 25, 2012 IP
  5. meepmeep

meepmeep Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all, I recieved some positive feedback about the plugin, so I decided to release it for public. Please visit http://wpplugin.me/amazon-gallery/ for more information, screenshots, previews and usage examples about the WordPress plugin so you can see it in action. Hope some of you (and your visitors) will find it useful.
    New features coming up soon which will encourage higher click through from your site to Amazon, so you will definitely see a surge in visitor count who clicks through to Amazon from your affiliate site.
    Have a nice day.

meepmeep, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  6. mohibnumalik

mohibnumalik Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's very nice plugin...thanks a lot....

mohibnumalik, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  7. Shortstp73

Shortstp73 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've recently tried this plug in http://goo.gl/WS4kW which took me about 10 minutes to build an amazon affliate site with. Generates free traffic through social links. Worth a try.

Shortstp73, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  8. Nicholas John

Nicholas John Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know this post was a long long time ago but I am hopeful that the plugin you offered here is lying around somewhere on your hard drive. I would be grateful if you still have it, you can please give me a copy? seeing that your old links don't work anymore.

Nicholas John, Oct 30, 2015 IP
  9. michel13

michel13 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi everybody , i'm looking for webmasters, who are good at food supplements

michel13, Nov 10, 2015 IP
  10. Nicholas John

Nicholas John Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi michel do you still have this plugin ?
    Amazon Gallery for Affiliates

Nicholas John, Nov 10, 2015 IP