1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WP or JOOMLA - quick help needed

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by vrachel, Sep 26, 2015.

Hi,

I use WP but now I've got my domain and can choose wp or Joomla platform.

What you suggest and why????!!!

vrachel, Sep 26, 2015 IP
  2. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are used to Wordpress, stick on it, unless, you want to learn Joomla, too. The problem with learning a new platform is you will have some fun (and some frustration) while doing it, I can almost guarantee that you will be addicted (and forgot to write) or completely abandon it (and your time got wasted).

The last time I used Joomla was 1.5, and it was very popular by that time. I upgraded that site to Joomla2, and immediately convert it to Wordpress. The site owner, having upgraded several versions of WP, ends up importing his WP site to a sub-domain under wordpress.com, so his blog from 2006 or 2007 (probably more than 2000 articles) now can be at peace without necessarily worry about hosting fee, DDOS attack, etc.

That's probably the foremost advantage of using WP. But, for the record, I am not a big fan of it.

th.sigit, Sep 26, 2015 IP
  3. vrachel

vrachel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why are you not big fan of WP? I choose WP because I know how to use the platofrom, so...

vrachel, Sep 26, 2015 IP
  4. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WP is nice and they have many plugins to help get your job done and they have plenty beautiful things ... out of the box. But that's the problem: it doesn't give you much freedom, they are just like that. You can create a child theme and you will not lost your customization during each upgrade, and there are literally thousands of themes to choose. But, when it comes to plugins: sometimes you may find many plugins that do a similar job, some other time you find only a few. If existing plugins do not please you, you need to create your own plugins or can;t help but accept.

I prefer Drupal more because their developers try not to duplicate modules, but instead working together on the same project (compared to WP plugins, where everyone seems eager to put their own plugins to WP repository), so you won't find any duplicate modules (compared to WP plugins, sometimes you can find a plugin which is merely a duplicate of another plugin), and each modules are scrutinized for security (compared to WP plugins, which isn't). However upgrading Drupal between versions is a PITA, unlike you do with WP.

th.sigit, Sep 26, 2015 IP