1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WP Keeps adding -2 to my URL

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by CCASS71, Oct 22, 2019.

I am making similar pages using a duplicate plugin. Changing this a bit here and there to make unique. When I publish there is an addition -2 added to the URL.
    I remove using the URL slug and update but it stays no matter what.
    I searched around and cant find an answer.
    Thanks in advance!

CCASS71, Oct 22, 2019 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
  3. nshep

nshep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This usually happens because you already have a page with the same slug. Can even be in the trash. WordPress doesn't let you create pages or posts that have the exact same URL, so you need to remove one of them in order to not get your URL appended with -2.

nshep, Oct 23, 2019 IP
  4. PhoenixIM

PhoenixIM Peon

Best Answers:
    As others have mentioned, you may have a page in the trash. If not, then you might have an image (yes, an image) with that name. I ran into this same issue a while back where I could not create a page with the name I wanted without having the -2 added. It turns out I had an image with the same name and Wordpress was seeing it as a page. Check your media library.

PhoenixIM, Nov 2, 2019 IP