1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WP help, catgories page, to link to catagorie page

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by st3vo, Apr 23, 2013.

Hi I need some one to help with my site.

I need my catagory page to link to a page to all catagories. For example in my header I have a menu called our collection. That links to a page full of POSTS in the our collection catagory.

But I would like to click our collection, which then goes to a page which shows all of my catagroies, such as rings, charms or the like.

Then when you click on rings or charms it will then show all posts in that catagory.

I hope that makes sense, willing to pay!

st3vo, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  2. ShinoRex

ShinoRex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi St3vo,

It needed custom coding.. Could you please give me your site url please? Then I can check it..
    Thanks

ShinoRex, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  3. premiumwordpressthemes

premiumwordpressthemes Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try out this plugin. It also provides the page template so you don't need to mess up with code:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/a-to-z-category-listing/

premiumwordpressthemes, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  4. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    To accomplish this without a plugin you'll need to create a new template page and use a WordPress function to list all the categories.

To create a template, create a blank .php file and add this to the top:

/**
     * Template Name: Categories list
     */

Code (markup):
    Now , WordPress will recognise this as a template.

Copy archive.php structure or any other page to include header, sidebar and footer and to display a list of your categories you need to use a function. In this case : wp_list_categories()will do the job.

This is only a start. You can customize page look with some css and any way you like.

To apply this template to a page-> Create a new page and choose from the right select to use this template for that page. In this case will be the template name: "Categories list".

Hefaistos, Apr 26, 2013 IP