1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

wp-admin login shows only blank page

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by HDaddy, Aug 18, 2011.

Hi guys and gals!

Really mysterious problem having here. I got my wp theme ready and created a database in my cpanel.

Downloaded the wp finnish version. Changed the stuff in wp-config.php file, uploaded the stuff into server, uploaded the theme into the themes sub.
    SEMrush
    The install went fine and got into the admin section. I did have some trouble exporting the stuff from the testsite, which by the way worked ok, but everytime I updated a page it gave me a blank page. I never had that problem in wamp using localhost. Anyway i had to update all the pages and other stuff in the real sites admin panel..and then also i always got the blank page.

I got fed up with it and tried to log out but it gave me a blank page also!!

I tried to log in with 4 different browsers and still i havent gotten in again. Removin caches and other stuff wont help. I can´t get in!

I tried googling but no help.

Please help me!

Is the problem with the hosting provider or in the installation or what?

The site is showing up ok..I just can´t get in.

Thanks in advance!

The site is: http://www.epareiluevoluutio.com

HDaddy, Aug 18, 2011 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Big0ne

Big0ne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure you don't any empty space in the wp-config.php file as you've mentioned some editing.

If this is not the case I recommend you moving all your plugin folders to an upper directory (ie: wp-content/temporaryplugins) so all plugins will be disabled.

If you need any additional help on this feel free to contact me.

Big0ne, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  3. HDaddy

HDaddy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don´t think it´s nothing with the wp-config file...because I got the install ok and got in to the admin panel..but i had to update all the pages because of an export error in the testsite. So I updated the pages in the real site and when I pressed the update button it always gave me a blank page when it should have returned to the specific page. I pressed previous page in my browser and then all pages and then selected the spesific page and all the modifications were there and also showing in the site..after a while i got fed up with it and tried to log out thinking that might help but trying to log out it also gave me a blank page..so I closed the browser and tried to log in again..but then it gave me the blank page. I tried with 4 different browsers and the same solution everytime. I even tried with my phone which has a different ISP but still the same blank white page. I´m just wondering why I can´t get in anymore? And there´s this catch that I have a different site with the same hosting provider and it´s wp-admin log in works perfectly...so im thinking it has to be the database or the installation..or do you have any other ideas?

HDaddy, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  4. Big0ne

Big0ne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As mentioned above, it's probably related to your plugins. Just move all of them to an upper folder. This action will disable all your active plugins.

Big0ne, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  5. HDaddy

HDaddy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay. I´ll try that tomorrow. Thanks for your help!

HDaddy, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  6. HDaddy

HDaddy Active Member

Best Answers:
    It helped! I got in, but the same problem occurs. When i modify something in the admin panel and save it gives me a blank white page :( Maybe a re-install is the next step?

And it doesnt let me log out but instead gives me a blank page. And when i go to wp-admin it gives me a blank page. F**K!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
    HDaddy, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  7. gmonlinegames

gmonlinegames Peon

Best Answers:
    download wordpress again and re-upload your wp-admin files and wp-include files + the root-files. If that doesnt work then it's something wrong with the file you edited wp-config.php.

Remember to deactivate your plugins and move them to another folder. Plugins can create alot of problems.

FYI - Your theme dont have anything with the admin stop working. Admin works without any theme, so the problem is probably in your wp-config or WP-files.

gmonlinegames, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  8. HDaddy

HDaddy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your help! Decided to setup the installation all over again. Hope that helps.

HDaddy, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  9. Big0ne

Big0ne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is related to your plugin only. Just figure out which one is causing this.

Big0ne, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  10. HDaddy

HDaddy Active Member

Best Answers:
    That´s the funny part..I don´t have plugins installed..well i did install the export/import plugin..but tried even erasing it but didnt help. But dont get any gray hair about this. I`ll install the whole story again. Made the database and install myself this time, but now i´ll use the fantastico tool in cpanel. Thanks for all your help!

HDaddy, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  11. nazy.exe

nazy.exe Member

Best Answers:
    hmm, deactived all plug in via database.
    hxxp://perishablepress.com/press/2008/02/18/quickly-disable-or-enable-all-wordpress-plugins-via-the-database/

nazy.exe, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  12. adbox

adbox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    try deleting the .htaccess file in your wordpress base directory. It might be a 500 error (but it's doubtful though: /)

adbox, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  13. HDaddy

HDaddy Active Member

Best Answers:
    tried all your solutions. No help. The white screen still comes up. Will delete everything and try again. It´s not a big site..takes me 30mins to set it up again. Thanks for your help though! :)

HDaddy, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  14. BungErik

BungErik Member

Best Answers:
    Reinstall your WP is easy way. But you must have database and others file backup for sure.

BungErik, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  15. bbrian017

bbrian017 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Simply rename your plugins folder and then remove your latest plugin added and name the folder back to normal.

bbrian017, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  16. HDaddy

HDaddy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unbeliavable! I did everything from the start except this time i used fantastico in cpanel...and same sh*t happened again! I got in first time, but just like before when editing a page...white page.

HDaddy, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  17. Big0ne

Big0ne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got interested in this case. If you wish you can add me to Skype and I am going to fix this free of charge.

Big0ne, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  18. HDaddy

HDaddy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I found out the problem :) Me! Broken theme caused the white pages. Tested with twentyeleven themes and everything was ok. And also a quote from a site "A blank screen means that there is some error in the PHP code on the page that you are trying to display. This is normally caused by an incompatible theme or plugin."

http://www.hacktrix.com/fixing-the-blank-page-problem-after-wordpress-27-upgrade

I´m new to wp stuff..have made just two themes myself...found a tutorial and then looked from other themes...must be that there is bad code in my theme...so back to the schoolbench..because wp is interesting.. BigOne if you want i can send you my theme and you can check it if you want. Just private message me and give me your email.

HDaddy, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  19. asifadd38

asifadd38 Member

Best Answers:
    asifadd38, Oct 20, 2012 IP