1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WoW !! PHPLynx Script is Amazing !

Discussion in 'Directories' started by popotalk, May 22, 2007.

For a Technically Dumb person like me I just found this script amazing. No disrespect but the Admin Panel is so much easier than the 2 directory scripts I am using.

http://www.phplynxtemplates.info/

It is really a good one to try. There is both the FREE and PAID Version as well as our TEMPLATES to come for them too.

I am just Happy to Share this with you.

Thanks

popotalk, May 22, 2007 IP
  2. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thats a super cool template on that link :)
    Really like the layout and the 'look n feel'

britishguy, May 22, 2007 IP
  3. davecardwell

davecardwell Peon

Best Answers:
    Was there anything in particular you felt set phpLynx apart, and made the admin panel easier than the other scripts you have used? If you don't mind sharing, is there anything you didn't like, or missed?

davecardwell, May 22, 2007 IP
  4. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I was looking at it a few minutes ago, only thing I did not like was the submission process.

BTW your link isn't working.

SasaVtec, May 22, 2007 IP
  5. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ehh don't like all that register and approval thing and terms of use ....

I did register and am waiting to test but will probably pass this one :D

iatbm, May 22, 2007 IP
  6. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Thats the default template britishguy, I was going to run with that for my first go as its good enough but think loads will probably do the same so going to ask popotalk to make me one.

@SasaVtec; I thought that but its fully configurable through the ACP, you can make it as bog standard as you want or direct people to Country/Town and then category which is what sold it to me.

@iatbm; I saw that form and for me it was no big deal, It's either that form or going to the forum where they have the download for the free version. Be a shame to see a good designer pass up on a good script for formophobia, I nearly got put off but thought what the hell, and glad I did.

phpLynx powered Directory coming soon!

The Pheonix, May 22, 2007 IP
  7. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    PHPLynx as some great features but I think it as some flaws on the SEO Friendly field (loots of JavaScripts) hope they change this soon.

! Ask !, May 22, 2007 IP
  8. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    You didn't have to wait long ! Ask ! :) Any Java they had that could possibly affect SEO friendly fields you are referring to were when they had Java popups for 'details' pages and so on, they went a while back. http://www.cantufind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=537&highlight=popups

These were been replaced by SEO friendly .html pages, so basically there is no Javascript. Guess you haven't tried the latest versions for quite some time perhaps?

phpLynx powered Directory coming soon!

9. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    Where are PHPLynx directories with listings on them?

! Ask !, May 22, 2007 IP
  10. wildweb

wildweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's a few : -

allabouthomes.ca
    E-Sweden.org
    Tri-X-Directory.com
    SgSearch.net
    caribdirectory.net

wildweb, May 22, 2007 IP
  11. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    All Using javaScript and some are simply empty..

! Ask !, May 22, 2007 IP
  12. wildweb

wildweb Peon

Best Answers:
    you ask "Where are PHPLynx directories with listings on them?" I know some of those I listed do have listings. Other's are still work in progress. As for the Java thing....they are still using the earlier versions before the java was removed. I'm not sure how long ago that was....a few weeks or a month maybe.

tom

wildweb, May 22, 2007 IP
  13. Red_Virus

Red_Virus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will still go for phpld as it is widely used & has lots of mods & also support.

Red_Virus, May 22, 2007 IP
  14. wildweb

wildweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree Red....it does have tons of mods. But, just like anyone/any other script starting out...it takes time to get to that point. Just think...those guys developing mods/templates etc. have a whole new product to develope for...more $$$ for them. :) Wished I was artistic or new coding better. lol

wildweb, May 22, 2007 IP
  15. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Another thing i would like to add to that, it has lots of mods and a noob at coding like myself can modify few codes to his own desires, but with phpylnx its a dead end ... Why ? Cause its encrypted you really cannot develop any mods for it, if you want a feature you ask kev or gary and if they feel its worth while to have that feature and does not look like a mimickery act (like for example deeplinks feature) they will come up with some such features. Otherwise, you are at a loss. Neither can you hire some coder cause breaking their encryption can be considered illegal and charges can be made against you :p .

Other than that major drawback, i dunno if there is anything else that needs to be addressed ? Maybe those using it might throw some more light.

paidhosting, May 22, 2007 IP
  16. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:

Yep they should have at the very least sent an mailshot to the users on the fact the dreaded java was removed for a more search engine friendly system, never mind they no doubt will now.

Wondering what your motive is here ! Ask ! ? You seem pretty intent on 'Trying' to diss the script, when in truth there is nothing to 'diss' about it. Take into account that most users probably paid to have thier backlinks taken away so keeping tabs on them is pretty difficult to do, its not like they have a billion backlinks in thier admin panel to track them down like some scripts I'd rather not mention. :rolleyes:

If your really desperate to see the fact the "Java" has been dealt with go to the demo of the free version, example provided,

http://www.phplynx.com/demo/index.html?action=search&link_name=hull

Jeeze the green-eyed frickin monster is out on the prowl or what!

@Red_Virus; your choice is yours and I for one respect that, I actually do code so mods would be a good thing for me, thing is I don't want to mod, and I certainly don't want to expect to pay for them AFTER paying for the script AND the support seperately, but hey, each to his own, I'm not going to discredit phpld, I think its a great script, not the one I chose but its still okay. :)

phpLynx powered Directory - Coming soon

17. xc06

xc06 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it looks very nice. waiting for more demo and comments on this new script. I already heard many positive feedback..

xc06, May 22, 2007 IP
  18. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    LOLOL asking if it fulfils some basic requirements is trying to 'diss'....

Well this script is not for me, the encrypted code is just a to big turn off, i like to see and tweak the code as i please..

Another turn off is the numbers on the middle of the url they look bad and don't allow smooth migrations, if you want to change database or script.

I think the script will evolve and mature and i will keep an eye for evolutions in the future and a possible not encrypted source version.

Best of luck

! Ask !, May 22, 2007 IP
  19. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Grr I tried to install this on my localhost and I need ionCube ?

iatbm, May 22, 2007 IP
  20. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm another one who was put off by the closed-source nature of this script. For me it's not just a matter of being able to expand on it by writing mods, although of course that is a major bonus. I also like to know that a script is secure, and if you can view the code it's easier to spot any potential security holes or bugs. Many eyes are better than a few.

Obelia, May 23, 2007 IP