1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would you vote for an Atheist?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by stOx, Feb 8, 2008.

?

Would you vote for an Atheist?

1. Yes

48 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Homosexuality is illegal like wearing a fake moustache in church is illegal... ie, It's still on the statute books but it's not enforced and there are no convictions. In india, According to wikipedia, There hasn't been a conviction in over 20 years for homosexuality in india.

stOx, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  2. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. It is important for leaders to be without any religious bias. Only then can good governance and cosmopolitan culture be ensured.

gauharjk, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Just making sure that India still has human rights and people don't get their heads chopped off. ;)

Blogmaster, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Since I've been hauled kicking and screaming into this thread - lets keep it on topic. It's not about whether it's right or wrong to be an athiest. It's not about the supremacy of any particular religion.

It's about whether you would vote for someone if they were an atheist.

Personally, I don't see any religion being a deal breaker... there are far more important reasons to vote for a particular candidate. We have muslim and transgender Members of Parliament in New Zealand (a traditionally Christian country). While the Muslim MP has had some "interesting" ideas in the past he has basically worked hard and deserves his position. I'm sure that a significant number of the MPs are atheist. I don't see their particular views causing any problems either.

sarahk, Feb 11, 2008 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  5. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In today's America it does not matter so much what your colour or religion is. You can do well, witness Obama. I think this i a good thing because it shows Americans are capable of looking beyond stereotypes.

qwestcommunications, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  6. Markas

Markas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Probably no :)

Markas, Feb 11, 2008 IP