1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would you use an auto submission service..

Discussion in 'Directories' started by john_loch, Aug 28, 2005.

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who own directories, (and of course, those who would submit), would you use a service that provides one central way to submit to your directories ?

For example:
    A service where (as a directory owner) you specify your submission form, the server analyses the form for inputs etc, and maps discreet criteria to each input. The map is then used to submit common submission data to your directory whenever ppl want to submit their site.

It would be a quick way to submit to your directories, and a good way to receive listings.

Is this the sort of thing that would interest ppl.. (a handy way to quickly submit to known seo friendly directories, on a per category/theme basis) ?

I know there is software out there that does a simillar thing, which is why I'm curious what ppl think..

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  2. muchacho

muchacho Active Member

Best Answers:
    Could be interesting for submitters, but not for me.

muchacho, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  3. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Interested? Submitters certainly, spammers for sure, directory owners hardly ever. Only if there would be some incentive for me as a directory owner. Getting more links is not one of them. Getting more quality links - possibly. Getting paid - we are getting closer :).

You would also have to ensure that submissions go a) to deepest possible relevant category and category list is always up to date, despite frequent changes and additions b) each submitter would read the rules for each directory, as they are often specific.

Moreover, as a provider of directory submission service, I think it is often more worthy to submit manually (yeah, I'm biased). Going through the directory seeing the entries allows me to get a feel for what is allowed on each particular directory (apart from what rules say), so that I can adjust the submission accordingly. In other words, where they say they only allow company title but the titles of most directory entries are full of keywords, you as a submitter can only find and benefit from when submitting manually.

subseo, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  4. megri

megri Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is no use of auto submission to directories. Human editors are enough intelligent to find such submission and reject them.

megri, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  5. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I still prefer to do all mine manually, a couple here and there. InFormEnter extension from Firefox has helped to make it fairly painless.

Web Gazelle, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  6. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    i would prefer to do them manually still, then i know where my link is being submitted, and how many times it was submitted to each directory (by me)

just-4-teens, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  7. SaN-DeeP

SaN-DeeP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i will prefer sending manually rather then use free submission services.

SaN-DeeP, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  8. obenix

obenix Eats an apple a day......

Best Answers:
    Thank goodness for that extension. Submitting to directories have been a breeze with that...

obenix, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  9. harris2004

harris2004 Peon

Best Answers:
    Dont try them, they dont work...just submit your websites yourself.

harris2004, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  10. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Thx ppl,

Very much what I expected - although InformEnter extension is a new one on me.. I'll take a look at it :)

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  11. louis2

louis2 Peon

Best Answers:
    auto submission ?! Big Noooo.....

louis2, Aug 31, 2005 IP
  12. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    I would never suggest using automated submission to web directories, what you'll like to get is loads of spam in your mail box. I suggest you take a closer look at the web directory you're about to submit to and then decide if it's worth submitting to.. I could suggest using the roboform toolbar, it fills in the fields, easy to use.

WhatiFind, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  13. Pink Chair

Pink Chair Peon

Best Answers:
    I like to do my submissions mannualy.

Pink Chair, Sep 5, 2005 IP