1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would You Survive?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gary1974, Aug 20, 2013.

If there was a disaster in your area, would you survive? I'm not talking about the Apocalypse but rather a natural disaster like what happened during Hurricane Katrina. Would you be prepared to survive until help arrived?

gary1974, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    We have two things that concern us here in FL: tornadoes and sink holes. It's hard to be prepared for a sink hole. It happens randomly and it happens fast. As far as tornadoes, my family does have the lanterns all charged up, lots of water and canned stuff. So, yeah, I guess we can easily survive without electricity or gas for a couple weeks.

qwikad.com, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  3. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    The only natural disasters that I really have to worry about are bush fires, and I'll be long gone before they get to me.
    Otherwise... I have plenty of food, water, power/fuel, supplies etc. to stay home and keep living the dream for a few months.
    I have extended family half a days walk away if I have to pack up and go on foot.
    If things go really bad, my neighbours, and pretty much the entire town are on the same page regarding SHTF, we have enough tools/skills/infrastructure to stay alive indefinitely, or at least have a fair go at it.
    One thing we won't be doing is "waiting for help".

Kerosene, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I live on a hill so no need to concern myself about floods. I also have a generator in my garage and a fuel tank in back with plenty of gas. I also have a 4X4 that can really go anywhere (for real). But above that I have plenty of friends that I can rely on, if hell and high water were to appear.

Spoiltdiva, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Depends... we might get earthquakes (all good), tsunamis (ok with enough warning) or volcanic eruptions. That last one would create the biggest havoc. Evacuating the area would cause mayhem and if they didn't allow enough lead time we could be in big trouble.

@gary1974 This is probably a subject a bit close to home right? I've seen the photos of the flooding in the Philippines at the moment. I hope you are ok.

sarahk, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    How do you explain, then, the devoutly religious people who die in natural disasters?

sarahk, Aug 29, 2013 IP
  7. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    God moves in mysterious ways, of course.

Devtard, Aug 29, 2013 IP
    sarahk likes this.