1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would you recommend the Google Adwords?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by asfor4gold, Dec 2, 2014.

Hello,
    iam new in Google Adwords and i need to ask to get 1500 visitors per month or 1000,how much i can pay for Google Adwords and realy i can get real visitors? and they can buy from me ?,becuse i just test Google Adwords with 40$ and it is just waste of money,what is your recommend please to help me out,i have 2 site need to promote it www.exhug.com and www.sro20.com

asfor4gold, Dec 2, 2014 IP
  2. Daniel.Thomas

Daniel.Thomas Member

Best Answers:
    AdWords is very very expensive and it's quite a challenge to achieve a positive return on investment. If you are just starting with adwords I suggest to read more about it and learn how to structure a campaign and how to target the audience you need.
    Now comes the real issue man, your pages need improvement! At least this one http://www.sro20.com/ needs major changes. Look if you want to advertise one product, just make a dedicated landing page and make it as good as you can. Search on google for Neil Patel, he has the best guides on building a successful landing page that can convert users to buyers.
    There is a lot you need to learn before starting an AdWords campaign, otherwise will be just a wast of money.
    Good luck man

Daniel.Thomas, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  3. asfor4gold

asfor4gold Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for info.

asfor4gold, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  4. Joe Badger

Joe Badger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, You want to test AdWords with very low budget then you must be fully prepared and do some initial optimization tasks before running your campaigns at tight budget . Following are some things that you can do :-
    1. Use exact match or broad match modifier keywords only at the initial stage.
    2. Make tightly themed campaign structure.
    3. Ensure that your ads and landing page are most relevant to your keywords so that you have a good quality score.
    4. Bid high initially so that you get high ad rank and can generate good CTR.

AdWords is not always a waste of money, perhaps you are doing it wrong. You can always start with any budget you have and with proper optimization it will be possible to generate positive ROI from your campaigns and later on you can increase the budget gradually when you will start making profit from it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    Joe Badger, Dec 5, 2014 IP
  5. Naina S

Naina S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your marketing strategy should not only be limited to the PPC ads by google adwords. You should try link building too. If you can't do you can hire SEO experts and article writers for doing this job. You can get good SEO experts in $100 to $150 per month and article writer in $5 per month.
    By this i mean that do not neglect seo.

Naina S, Dec 7, 2014 IP
  6. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Besides adwords you might want to look at bing ads..

kb24, Dec 7, 2014 IP
  7. seobeginners

seobeginners Member

Best Answers:
    Investing in Google Ad word May Be Waste of Money If You Do Not Have Expertise in It. Before Starting a PPC Campaign Firstly You Need To Create A Proper Plan Of Action Like
    Keyword Research
    Target Country,City
    Target Audience
    Proper Creation of Campaign and ad group
    Perfect Landing Page
    Perfect ad copies (offer,call to action,Promotional Content)
    Use Ad Extension (site links,call extension,Local Extension,app extension,review extension)
    Remove Duplicate Keywords
    Remove Negative Keywords
    And Before Any Thing Else You have To Know What Exactly You Need For Your Business ,Traffic And Conversion Are Different Thing. I remember I Was Working for a Client In MMFInfotech (PPC Company in usa) The Client Had Requirement For Traffic And Brand Awareness Rather Then Conversion So We Had Plan To Start Display Marketing in Adword It is Great Source to Get Traffic Using Contextual Ads Service

seobeginners, Dec 16, 2014 IP
  8. dandeedo

dandeedo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Interesting. Why do you want 1500 or 1000 visitors per month? There are many traffic generating sites....If your main focus is to bring traffic then you can use those. Perhaps you can try Facebook Advertising. These platforms are cheaper than adwords. Most people use adwords to bring leads to their business....

You didn't mention how much traffic did you get when you invested $40. For my opinion, if you want to have 1500 or 1000 traffics per month from adwords then your budget should be around $1500+/-. You need to focus on keyword match type, keywords (negative as well), and CTR.

dandeedo, Dec 18, 2014 IP
  9. kingofthewiki

kingofthewiki Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    "The Google Adwords" is being used a lot and nowadays it depends on your niche and competition levels. Some industries like education would need a HUGE investment and cost a lot. You should check what Google estimated CPC's are then multiple that by double (because thats how much you will probably pay, depending on your QS) and then determine if that works for you

kingofthewiki, Dec 21, 2014 IP
  10. asfor4gold

asfor4gold Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks everyone for helping,@dandeedo because some sites like facebook blocked my site without reason.

asfor4gold, Dec 23, 2014 IP
  11. HypnotherapyMarketing

HypnotherapyMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Adwords works well for me and my niche but you have to know how to use it well in order to get a return on your investment. Getting visitors alone would be no problem but the reality is you need those visitors to buy something otherwise you are going to be burning money. Make sure you take time to understand the complexities of using it as it can be difficult for newbies and getting it wrong can be costly. When in doubt stay out until you have mastered the site.

HypnotherapyMarketing, Dec 29, 2014 IP
  12. sidstrikes

sidstrikes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    When i was newbie i faced the same situation as yours. I wasted lot of money in adwords without any result. I still dont call myself adwords expert. What my experience says is even if you are choosing keywords smartly and taking every step carefully , still its not guaranteed that your ad will be clicked by lasor targeted visitor. Buying solo ads proved more beneficial for me as it gives good result for every penny you spend.

sidstrikes, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  13. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, Google Adwords is the best, we get 80% business from Google Adwords. The FB ads brings traffic but we never noticed sales through them.

King-Servers, Jan 4, 2015 IP
  14. Daniel.Thomas

Daniel.Thomas Member

Best Answers:
    King-Servers, it depends on the industry/niche. For some FB works better -> for example women fashion.

Daniel.Thomas, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  15. kreed

kreed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    asfor4gold, adwords can be an effective traffic source if you will use it wise way.
    First, try to figure your goals you want to achieve, because, honestly to say, getting 1000 or 10000 visitors couldn't be really a final aim, you will probably need those visitor to turn into some action or conversion. If you know the value which each action can bring you in average you can calculate your acceptable CPA levels and thus also max CPC you are going to pay to stay net profitable. I think with the budget of $40 it is no reason to start, because it will be waste of money 99%. After you figure your goals start with about $200 and do like it was suggested in posts above:
    1. create well structured campaigns, grouping all similar keywords in separate adgroups to create as targeted ads as possible, try to use your full keyphrase in headline and description, display URL
    2. Add relevant text to landing pages
    3. Start with exact match and broad match modifier keywords only
    4. Setup conversion tracking code to the page visitor will see after completing the action
    5. Create remarketing lists immediately to start filling them with users you can use later in search and display to increase the performance
    6. Always look in search query reports to build negative keyword lists of search queries consuming budget and not giving conversions
    7. Watch for mobile users performance, if they are not giving conversions, it is better to bid them down

Hope this will help you initially, good luck

kreed, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  16. julyhost

julyhost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Adwords still works if done right. It depends also on your niche as well as your competition. You may need to create quality content first with your landing pages to make people stay and curious.

julyhost, Mar 8, 2015 IP
  17. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would not use Adwords in your case as you're not really selling a product to recoup your advertising dollars (ROI). This would be a very expensive way to go just to get "traffic/visitors". I would suggest using that money towards cheaper methods such as social media and SEO.

Social media and SEO may take longer to see results, but they will be long term results that will last, if done correctly.

kjh-08, Mar 22, 2015 IP
  18. GarrettThalamus

GarrettThalamus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You definitely need a better landing page if you are doing paid advertising. Maybe first start off with Content Marketing, and write really good articles on the items that you are looking to sell? It will take a longer time, but once you've done it these pages can be consistent traffic drivers for you.

GarrettThalamus, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  19. abhijit12a

abhijit12a Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it is quite difficult to determine what amount of cost you can spend on Adwords campaign. The fact is the higher bidding amount, the more clicks you can generate. In PPC, you can get instant traffic but you cannot reach for the exact number of visitors as it totally depends on your ad copy.

abhijit12a, Jul 2, 2015 IP