1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would you power a website with a spreadsheet?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Cloudstitch, Jul 1, 2015.

?

Would you power a website with a spreadsheet?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I don't really get it.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    Hey everyone, my friend and I are building a platform that allows you to power websites with spreadsheets. A web developer we've been working with keeps telling us we should be talking to people who do SEO (which we know nothing about).

Basically, our platform lets you generate and update web sites based with a Google Spreadsheet. You can also duplicate a fully functional website in about five seconds, and you can do this an unlimited number of times.

Are these functions useful to you?

We've been working with web developers so far but would love to find out if this resonates with anyone out here in SEO world, and would love to hear from you if you'd like to give us a try. Our company is called Cloudstitch, and you can reach me at if you'd like to chat.

Cloudstitch, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  2. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have a clue what this concept is supposed to look like or how it is coded, but from an SEO perspective, it it is out of the mainstram and not coded to the semantic model it will not do well insearch. If you are embedding executable code that will also work against you. The crawlers are simple robots that are easily confused when things are not what they expect. When they get confused or lost they move on to other sites. Assessing SEO issues without seeing the site or how it is built is like tying to type in an iphone while wearing boxing gloves.

COBOLdinosaur, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I get your "unique selling proposition" but I'm struggling with the "problem you are solving" ie "why"

SEO has no relevance to how the backend of a website is developed so ignore that. One of your sites could be amazing from an SEO perspective or appalling, and it won't be the spreadsheet that makes the difference.

sarahk, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Seems to me you are trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. I've never thought or heard of anyone say, "Man, I wish I could manage a website with a spreadsheet instead of tools that were made to manage websites."

digitalpoint, Jul 1, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You're too young Shawn - they certainly did in the early days when it came to things like stock lists but this isn't '99 and a) mainframe to web integration tools exist and b) there are ways to manage stock levels through the admin section of any half pie decent CMS

sarahk, Jul 2, 2015 IP