1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would you pay for a great domain sales landing page?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by DomaHub, May 23, 2017.

Hello,

I'm trying to see if a great domain sales landing page is something worth paying for. The basic premise is that it would be a modern looking page with statistics/data and a buy now button. And setting up a good landing page for a lot of domains is incredibly time consuming.

Would this be something worth buying from a domain owners perspective? (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc2h9r7v0wWFHlB2wWPM_U_OxYeMC9PSQaRkNSQC8QDZYJO7w/viewform)

Link to survey here.

A customizable landing page with background image, color, font, etc. Complete with a buy now / rent now button.
    [​IMG]

A traffic analytics tool for buyers to gauge the domain's traffic.
    [​IMG]

Demographics data for buyers to understand the domain's audience.
    [​IMG]

Browser / Operating System data
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    DomaHub, May 23, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    if you packaged it up as a wordpress plugin so that I'd just have a "like this domain" on my homepage or menu and that linked through to this I reckon you'd get some takers. I have no idea what people would pay though.

sarahk, May 23, 2017 IP
  3. DomaHub

DomaHub Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your post. I am not sure what you mean by "like this domain."

We think that a great landing page can greatly improve chances of sale. However, a lot of domains that are available for sale look extremely out-dated and is poorly designed.

For example--let's take a few domains and examine their landing pages--

HealthNHealth.com

Pros
    • Easy to use buy now button
    Cons
    • Looks like a website from 1999
    • The landing page on this domain name provides NO relevant information to the domain being sold.
    • A 1 minute video explaining how a domain name is valuable (as if we in 2001)
    • Testimonials on why HugeDomains.com is a trustworthy site
    There is only three relevant pieces of information to the original domain on this landing page--the buy now button, the payments plan, and the domain name itself. This landing page looks more like an advertisement for HugeDomains rather than a sales page for HealthNHealth.

HealthyHeart.com

Pros

Cons
    • No buy now button, must "inquire" about purchasing the domain
    • Ads
    Yeah parked domains might be okay, but you're doing nothing to increase the value of the domain. If anything, a parked website hurts your domain brand by associating your domain with negative and often irrelevant advertisements.

Health.club

Oh dear god what is this website.

It's clear that there are a lot of really bad domain landing pages out there. Great landing pages can be built by the owner, but is extremely time consuming across thousands and thousands of domains. But what if that didn't have to be the case? What if domains that were for sale provided actual useful information automatically?

We are trying to gather important feedback from domain owners. If you can just take 2 minutes to fill out this survey, it would help us greatly. Thank you very much!

Link to survey -https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc2h9r7v0wWFHlB2wWPM_U_OxYeMC9PSQaRkNSQC8QDZYJO7w/viewform

DomaHub, May 23, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sorry, the "like this domain" should have been "buy this domain"
    Having traffic stats assumes that the site is still running and the traffic is likely to be sustained.
    And I agree with you that a good landing page is important. I'm assuming you've done your business plan etc and know what % of sites are still running while they're actively on the market.

sarahk, May 23, 2017 IP
  5. webhost.uk.net

webhost.uk.net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you plan is excellent I liked the concept.

webhost.uk.net, May 24, 2017 IP