1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would you accept Bitcoin for services?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Investophant, Apr 2, 2014.

?

Would you accept Bitcoin?

1. Yes, I already do.

36.7%
  2. Yes, I am/would consider it.

30.0%
  3. No

33.3%
    As Bitcoin is proving to provide huge savings for business owners, I would love to hear DP members say whether they accept the currency, or is planning to?

I've been using it since 2012, and I love how smooth it makes commerce. What is your take? :)

Investophant, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  2. dedideals

dedideals Member

Best Answers:
    Not investigated it enough yet, meh maybe I should get onto learning more about it

dedideals, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  3. Marketpoint01

Marketpoint01 Member

Best Answers:
    At this point I'm preparing my e-commerce business to accept Bitcoin as a payment method. Now that Square, Ebay, and others are moving in that direction I also want to be ahead of the curve accepting Bitcoin. I've been able to learn a lot about Bitcoin currency at accretion.info.

Marketpoint01, Apr 6, 2014 IP
  4. kalseo

kalseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely not. Bitcoin is very unstable, probably in the past I would, but not at present moment.
    Sooner or later the bubble with burst.

kalseo, Apr 6, 2014 IP
  5. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    There are two essential function of a currency
    1. Store of value
    2. Medium of transaction

Bitcoin is extremely deflationary and also volatile, (1) is highly suspected and (2) is still long way to go. I would say the newer forms such as Ripple XRP stands a bigger chance.

wisdomtool, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  6. sarhad12

sarhad12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bitcoin is flop idea, i dont think they will succeed with it, though ebay are using it doesnot mean its worth. Ebay is rich and can do with if and buts but for someone with not a lot ofmoney its big risk not worth taking at this point.

sarhad12, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  7. LuckySamurai

LuckySamurai Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It will definitely be worth it when more merchants accept bitcoin. Right now the price is just too easily manipulated by the traders and that is why bitcoin is so volatile. The more merchants start accepting it, the harder it becomes to create those huge jumps in the bitcoin price.

LuckySamurai, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  8. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    the value of bitcoins fluctuates too much. It would be impossible to give a price.

uand.eye, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  9. Asso

Asso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why not it has become real money , it is easy convertible to whatever you want usd eur ect..

Asso, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  10. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely not, I never will use Bitcoin if I were offered a million dollars. I am too skeptical about Bitcoins and have seen too many sayings "You are risking this!" is what turns me off.

Joshie, May 7, 2014 IP
  11. reshav2

reshav2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes I do . Works great . If I am selling something for $40 the script just easily adjust the amount of bitcoin the person needs to pay for the item I am offering so that I receive my money . Then if I am not comfortable with how bitcoin is going up and down in price I just turn it into cash as soon as I receive payment . Works Great !

reshav2, May 8, 2014 IP
  12. Rick Myers

Rick Myers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes I would absolutely accept Bitcoin. The trick is not to hold the coins for very long after the transaction unless you want to speculate on the value of the coin. I used the coins to conduct business in India from the USA and it made transfers very easy since no banks were involved. The average price of a bank transfer was $40 while the bitcoin transfer was less that 1 penny. Once the coin was transferred, my business partner was able to transfer the bitcoin to INR at his local exchange and we saved tons on those bank fees.

Rick Myers, May 24, 2014 IP
  13. tuppence

tuppence Member

Best Answers:
    I remember Egold from a few years ago which was shut down without much warning by the US regulators, so am still wary of e-currency. Maybe someday, but for now I will stick with recognised money transfer systems.

tuppence, May 24, 2014 IP
  14. markjcc

markjcc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I Accept anything that could bring any more potential buyers, Some say Bitcoin isn't a real currency... However it is, Once I deposit my bitcoin balance to my bank account and withdraw it or get someone to exchange it back to USD then it's real money once again.

You all should accept and embrace bitcoin, It doesn't hurt to try!

markjcc, May 27, 2014 IP
  15. FTS!

FTS! Member

Best Answers:
    I don't accept Bitcoins now, but I would definitely consider it.

FTS!, May 27, 2014 IP
  16. HostSailor

HostSailor Active Member

Best Answers:
    First it was egold followed by liberty reserve now perfect money and bitcoin, those payment methods aren't reliable so try to depend as less as possible on them if you have to, I'd advise to empty those accounts on a daily basis and also to try receiving your funds in USD/GBP or similar instead of bitcoins, it depends, one day the bitcoin currency is high, another it's low so it's a gamble just have the right approach.

HostSailor, May 29, 2014 IP
  17. xtcpoker

xtcpoker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am definitely learning more about it, and will use it for my services. Irreversible payment solves a lot of problem with sketchy buyers.

xtcpoker, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  18. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    it is best to accept bitcoin along with other payments. especially with doubtful buyers abt chargeback :D

chandan123, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  19. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Virtual money is way too unstable and insecure. Anyone with a bit of encryption knowledge and a script can create a virtual coin and, as we saw in the recent Mt. Gox fiasco, there are definite security issues. Nope, I don't think I will ever accept bitcoin, or any other type of virtual coin for that matter.

Jameyson MacDonald, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  20. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should absolutely accept any form of payment that is convenient for your customers, and for many people that is bitcoin. I see a couple of people in this thread say that the value of bitcoin fluctuates too much, but I have never seen this. There will only ever be a certain amount of bitcoins produced (compared to our government's fiat currency that prints as fast as the presses will run), so the value is not only stable, but will grow over coming years (unlike fiat currencies that will continually devalue due to a hidden tax known as inflation).

Foxxy, Jun 6, 2014 IP