1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would welcome some help brainstorming an idea...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Zipdaddy, Feb 7, 2014.

Okay, I have Zazza.net, and think it would fit a site, or forum related to jazz and blues music. I'd welcome all to help me get some brainstorming going, because I am sitting here with a pencil and paper - and my mind went blank.

Should it be a forum, or website?
    Would it be best showcasing music, or musicians?
    How best to organize it?

Any other ideas, please feel free to jump in :) I am new to internet business, an marketing - and so many of you have vast amounts more experience than I, so I will be smart enough to listen to what you are saying.

Please share your ideas/thoughts :)

Zipdaddy, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure how well a forum would work on this topic. However a website featuring a blog and feature articles on all topics jazz/blues would be interesting. I think a nice mix of stories/blogs on historic artists, current big names and up and coming stars would be interesting. Having legitimate trailers/teasers for a library of songs would be valuable, too.

You might want to commercialize it by re-selling jazz/blues music downloads.

jrbiz, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  3. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    If you can have both a blog and a forum, that might work better than just one or the other. It also might help to have an online store attached to your site.

Alyssa Lochmore, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  4. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its better to start with a site, once you get decent traffic you can add subdomain to create a forum as well.

blogdum, Feb 8, 2014 IP
  5. tthompson37

tthompson37 Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with jrbiz. It would be better to create a website with blog posts around jazz and blues. You could create content around both the music and musicians if you wanted because they both pertain to your topic. Your content could be anything from how these musicians got to where they are today, how they get their inspiration, and related stories & facts, etc.

Amazon should have jazz and blues CDs, online audios, and maybe even lessons for purchase on their site so you could become an affiliate for those.

tthompson37, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  6. content4cool

content4cool Member

Best Answers:
    I would go with website.
    You could post various interesting articles.
    Maybe a list of Jazz clubs where you live.
    Te become authority website in you city for
    all things Jazz? Maybe to do some kind of
    deal whit them?

content4cool, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  7. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think website is good then as the others have said, you can grow it into anything but I have a question.

What do you hope to get out of it?
    - Money
    - Fame
    - Get rid of your boredom ?

How much of your life do you want to dedicate to it?

How much of your cash do you want to invest ... spend... risk .... waste lol?

sorry if the questions seem silly but they do help if you want to make this a reality.

David

daveman, Feb 17, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.