1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would this work.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Good42, Oct 30, 2018.

Hi,

Let's say I create a youtube video titled "Top 10 hotels in City Name"

Then I approach hotels and ask them to advertise on my next video.

Do you think this would work and how much should I charge?

Thanks

Good42, Oct 30, 2018 IP
  2. JonathanWolfgang

JonathanWolfgang Peon

Best Answers:
    If you could do that for cities and cities it would be awesome. (That said, I don't know if it's already been done.) … Maybe there's another way for you to "monetize" your videos?

JonathanWolfgang, Oct 31, 2018 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You'll need to be able to tell the hotels how many viewers you've had for your previous videos, what the demographics are and how they match their target market, and impress upon them the production quality.

sarahk, Oct 31, 2018 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    They (the hotel management) are probably doing it (YT and other forms of advertising) themselves.

If I were a hotel manager I'd be skeptical of anyone, not affiliated with me, trying to promote my hotel, plus asking me to pay them to continue doing so.

qwikad.com, Nov 1, 2018 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. sarah93

sarah93 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes it works but you have to have a well known youtube channel, your idea works much more with podcasters known good luck

sarah93, Nov 5, 2018 IP
  6. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This doesn't sound ethical. If you are going to clearly state the video is sponsored by xyz hotel, then that would be okay. But you should not accept payment to list a hotel as a top ten hotel.

ETA, I think you should offer some freebie spots to a few sponsors and then they can pay to be in future videos as sponsors.

Karen May Jones, Nov 5, 2018 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. Sparrow0309

Sparrow0309 Peon

Best Answers:
    It won't work unless you already have a large following and a lot of content. Why would hotels pay you to tell about how great they are if you don't already have that going for you?

Sparrow0309, Nov 5, 2018 IP
  8. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think its best to make a video with the hotel direct and not the top 10 hotels ,this will have a big impact on being accepted as a client

Spartan14, Nov 6, 2018 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Why are we even talking about this?

sarahk, Nov 15, 2018 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Why...now he'll be going on about that. It's bad enough he was going on about would.:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Nov 15, 2018 IP
  11. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can sell anything as long as you have something that is perceived to be of value even if it isn't. However, you have a laundry list of problems:

1. Most top hotels are HUGE chains (Hilton, Mariotte, Sheraton/SPG, Holiday Inn/IHG, ... etc.) and those chains are in practically every market. The individual hotel doesn't make decisions on advertising as it's done on a corporate level. So I guarantee you every damn city big and small will have a top 10 of mostly chain hotels.

2. You don't have a brand. Who are you? What makes you important? ThePointsGuy (TPG) use to be a world traveler who would share his travel tips on travel rewards programs. He became so popular to travelers that his web site became a trusted source. Hotels, Airlines, Rental Companies and Credit Card Companies absolutely want to be in with him because he is perceived of value by frequent travelers who make up most of the major chains profit. Again...who are you?

3. What type of result can you yield for these businesses? You have no views and no subscribers starting out. What's the benefit? How is this different from the janitor uploading a video to a free web site?

4. How are you going to execute this? Walk in to the hotel and speak to the front clerk with no decision making power? Call and leave a message for the General Manager who can't do anything outside of corporate allowance?

I think it's a great idea........if you well branded, have a following, offer value, and can get in front of the right people. All of which you don't have... so for you it's a waste.

NetStar, Nov 17, 2018 IP
  12. ATMD

ATMD Member

Best Answers:
    A large following is important and also has to be in the travel niche in my opinion. Creditworthiness absolutely matters because people need to believe the videos are authentic reviews, otherwise they are simply advertisement.

ATMD, Dec 8, 2018 IP
    Mehta likes this.